You know what annoys me with game companies.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gingerbread Demon, Mar 4, 2016.

1. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

From a download logistics perspective, that's true (when it's actually on the disc and doesn't come down as a Day 1 patch that *everyone* has to wait for the download on whether they'll ever buy the DLC or not). But, if it's on the disc, it isn't really "downloadable" content (extra) but LOCKED content on something they sold you that now belongs to you (the disc). That's not kosher.
    Like others have been saying, if it isn't truly an expansion or add-on but is just something they made as part of the game and then decided, "hey, we could lock this part and charge the suckers more to access it", then that's not kosher, either. But I agree about waiting for the "GOTY", "ultimate", "complete", or whatever version - cheaper, all the stuff is there, and possibly even some of the bugs worked out, too. So what if I'm playing Fallout 3 when everyone else is playing Fallout 4? It's new to me, spoilers don't matter much for video games, and, it generally keeps one off of the bleeding edge for expensive hardware upgrades, too.

I'll buy indie games new occasionally, but the only studio game I've still religiously bought on pre-order is the Civilization series - and I'm pretty sure that Civilization: Beyond Earth not being worth playing until they released DLC a year later that I paid another $30 for has broken me of that, too.
    In 1990, for $80 I would have gotten King's Quest V, The Secret of Monkey Island, and Commander Keen - 3 of the best games ever made, IMO, with no freakin' add-ons to buy. ;)

2. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly. It shouldn't be that hard to do. I just tried out a new game I got recently, Diablo III and I was so grateful that I could read the font! It was smaller sure, but it was readable. And white. That seems to be the easiest kind of font to read.