I forgot to post the other departure angle
EqW1woQ.jpg

Head on shot because why not
P3FIixD.jpg

Close up, spot the travel pod!
XtVOz0g.jpg

And some fleet action
4S9Oaxv.png

Threw some of the Enterprise textures on the underside of my Saladin concept model, and it doesn't look too shabby (just don't get too close lol)
The close-up work is amazing. Such care, creativity and attention to detail.

What I like the most about this is - while holding fairly close to the original concept (reasonably so) - you don't hold too close. There's a visceral aspect to the renderings that gives this design actual presence - mass, so to speak.

Something hopelessly missing from the TOS-R CGI work is that sense of mass, or reality. This has it...

Thanks for the comments!
I like that the destroyer has some side plates on the nacelle.
Thanks, I see them as some kind of heat sink, similar to the ones of the Constitution nacelles but bigger
That destroyer, give it to me.. :evil:
Here's the Saladin concept model:
jYVKVRL.png

I started on a full detail version a while ago, but I'm going to start over on it later

Last edited:
Are those three photon torpedo tubes at the front of the saucer? Because when I looked at this image, I instantly thought: say hello to my little friends!

@Hunter-G Have you ever considered doing a Daedalus-class design? Love my retro ships! :)
Definately, every ship that's ever been in Star Trek (and more) is on the backburner haha
Personally I love Eric Henry's version of the Daedalus, it's pretty much exactly what I would have done:
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/pacific-201-daedalus-class-265ae2d8b55a4dbf8cfdff82735d17b8

Are those three photon torpedo tubes at the front of the saucer? Because when I looked at this image, I instantly thought: say hello to my little friends!
Haha! Those are the deflector array, the same kind as on the front of the Connie saucer. I imagine 2 kinds of deflector arrays, and that kind specifically requires less power, but is not as versatile or powerful. Hence why most cruisers use them as secondary arrays. The Saladin doesn't need a big deflector like the Connie, so it makes sense to me.

The torpedo bays are also exactly like the Connie, panels that open up and drop torpedoes out. Then the torpedoes fire off in whatever direction they need to go.

That Saladin is simply awesome.. it's shape is original yet very inventive with the changes you've made. :D:mallory::techman:
That last shot with the Botany Bay is seriously cool. :mallory:

That Daedalus concept is great. :techman:

Last edited:
Back