"Year of Hell" Line-by-Line

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Enterprise1981, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

Greetings!

We recently finished our "Rocks and Shoals Line-by-Line" in the DS9 forum!

After each completed thread, we're randomly picking someone who participated to choose the next episode we do. The lucky winner this time around was MickJo1701! And MickJo1701 has chosen "Year of Hell" as our next Line-by-Line challenge!

For any unfamiliar with our "game," you are asked to post only a single line (defined as one character speaking without interruption by another character) per message. You can post as often as you like, but someone else must post a line in between your posts.

Our "rule" is that if the episode has a "To Be Continued..." on the end, it is done in a single thread, but if it's just an arc of related episodes, each episode is a separate thread.

As before, at the conclusion of this thread, LeadHead, or CoveTom, leandar, or one of our other fine fill-ins when we're all busy will run the randomizer to determine who will pick the next episode and get it going.

Now, time to kick off the Year of Hell.

2. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

Day 1

It's morning in a futuristic metropolis when a large monstrosity of a ship suddenly blocks out the sun and vaporizes the entire city.

[Krenim Timeship - Bridge]

OBRIST: Temporal incursion is complete. All organisms and man-made objects have been eradicated.

3. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

Annorax: Probe the continuum. Has our target event been achieved?

4. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Obrist: Negative. Negative target event. I don't understand, sir. We spent months making these calculations.

5. Athena28

Athena28 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ANNORAX: Time is patient, so we must be patient with it. Eradicating a single Zahl colony wasn't enough for a total restoration. We have to work on a larger scale. Take us to the Zahl homeworld. Prepare a new set of calculations. We must erase the entire species from time. Every lifeform, every molecule.

6. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Voyager, the new astrometrics lab

Janeway: Space, the great unknown, only now we're going to know it a little better. Harry?

7. Athena28

CHAKOTAY: Before there were maps and globes, let alone radar and subspace sensors, mariners navigated by the stars. We're returning to that tried and true method, but this time there's a difference.

8. Orac

Janeway: Ensign Kim and 7 of 9 have merged Starfleet and Borg ingenuity to create this new technology, and I'm sure I speak for the entire crew when I say, thank you. Now, how the hell does it work?

9. MickJo1701

Seven: Astrometric sensors measure the radiative flux of up to three billion stars simultaneously. The computer then calculates our position relative to the centre of the galaxy.

10. Orac

Kim: This mapping technology is ten times more accurate than what we've been using. Seven, will you do the honours? We've plotted a new course home.

11. Athena28

SEVEN: By my estimates this trajectory will eliminate five years from your journey.

12. Orac

Neelix: Our journey. Nice work, 7.

13. Athena28

TORRES: That region of space we're about to enter; it looks like it has a lot of M-class planets.

14. Orac

7: It does. Spatial grid 005. Primary species the Zahl.

15. Athena28

TUVOK: What do we know about this species?

16. jaz'a

jaz'a Vice Admiral Admiral

7: Technologically advanced but non-confrontational. Their resistant quotient is quite low.

17. LeadHead

Chakotay: Thank you all for coming. We've all got a lot of work to do, so-

18. MickJo1701

The Doctor: I'd like to say a few words if I may. I've prepared a speech for this occasion. When I was first activated on Stardate 48315, and I found myself mano a mano with the Delta Quadrant I didn't think we'd survive a week, let alone three years. There was strife. There was discord. You were all at each others throats. But over time, I've had the pleasure and pride of watching this crew learn to work together as colleagues, even friends.

19. LeadHead

Paris: Here, here.

20. MickJo1701

The Doctor: Who would have thought that this eclectic group of Voyagers could actually become a family? Starfleet, Maquis, Klingon, Talaxian, Hologram, Borg even Mr. Paris. Granted, we've had our share of difficulties. One might say, we've seen the Best of Times and the Worst of Times. I'd now like to recount some of those times from my unique perspective. Under the category of 'Best of Times' I invite you all to recall the moment when I...