Yadera Prime under Dominion Rule

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Unimatrix Q, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

How was life under Dominion Rule on Yadera Prime? What caused Rurigan to leave, as he claimed they changed the Yaderan's whole way of life, while in other instances (e.g. the Karemma) the Dominion seemed to be pretty much hands off in the Gamma Quadrant?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. Nakita Akita

Nakita Akita Commodore Commodore

I'm not sure who Rurigan is but I would think it would be possible that an invading force could behave one way with one culture and a different way with a different culture.
    Also there is the perception of the individual.
    An intolerable situation in one person's mind is tolerable to another.

3. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd imagine if the Dominion conquered the planet it's because they either wanted something or wanted the people to do something (ie: forced labour). So his way of life could've gone from normal to total slavery or something in between. There could've been the addition of constant Jem'Hadar forces too.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The Dominion is hands off to those they don't perceive as a threat to order. They could have been getting a bit too technologically advanced, or they could have had a value system they deemed incompatible with order.

They like merchants who follow the rules. They don't like warriors, academics, philosophers and scientists.

5. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

I don't think they enslaved the Yaderans or subjugated them, it seemed more like they changed their society. I wonder in which ways.

The point against slavery or dictatorship is that Rurigan was able to leave his homeworld with advanced technology to recreate his life before the Dominion.