wwe vs tnt anyone watching?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

That's no big surpise though. People use that word to describe everything these days.

Maybe I'm too jaded to have bought into the HiaC match. There's only so much kicking out of finishers, JR, shit pedigrees and shouting of "You finish it or I will!" I can take. We had the whole "stay down!" yelling last year. Last year's was better. Maybe a bit of blading would have helped. I'm not sure the Undertaker took a single big bump; I suppose that's only to be expected now he's older than Methuselah, but still. Kevin Nash took a bigger knock when he went through a table at TLC. And to be honest, if you've seen someone get clocked in the back with a chair once, you've seen it 50 odd times. And we did.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Jerry Lawler put it best about Trips/'Taker...when 85,000 people in the arena are chanting "This is Amazing!!!' you know you are having a good match. I'm totally still in love with the ending of the match. Also near the end I swear you can see Mark ask Paul "Are you ready to end this?" Triple H nods as he is taking a fist to the face. I also wonder if they'll both be fined for all the multiple chair shots like they were last year. I doubt it. I can't wait to see what Maffew includes in the next Botchamania.

3. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I should've added that I haven't been that high on 'Taker since he dropped the Biker 'Taker gimmick and went back to being The Deadman, so to get the kind of praise that his and HHH's match got from me is actually pretty significant. He and HHH really went all out and put on a very entertaining match that transcended its fairly predictable ending.

I should also mention that one of my younger brother's friends is by no means a wrestling fan and was actually pooh poohing the fact that I'd ordered the show, but once 'Taker vs. HHH came up, he actually shot up and was sucked into the match, so much so that he and his brother ended up being late to their sister's birthday party.

4. Admiral_Young

I agree totally. I realize that I'm overly critical at times but it is because I know how good these guys can be and have that expectation as a fan, and when I don't get it...it's incredibly disappointing, but Mark and Paul went all out tonight. You know that they wanted to give the fans something special and they went out and did just that. Even Shawn in his capacity as referee gave an incredible performance just emotions wise and being conflicted due to his best friend, and a man he respects like none other (he's come a long way from the complete douche bag he used to be) and just the give and take both Trips and 'Taker gave was awesome. You know, near the end I was half expecting some kind of run in from Brock...but maybe the reports of him there were either early April fools gags or WWE is saving him for something later on...or he was just there as a guest or something back stage.

5. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well we will find out tommarrow what is up with brock and if john is going heel.

This was a good ppv 4 1/2 stars.

6. Admiral_Young

^ You have inside scoop or something...because I doubt that Brock will be addressed at all.

Dana White did tweet this...

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_59848.shtml

So he didn't deny or confirm that Brock was there or what his current UFC status is or anything like that. I'm starting to think this might've been an April Fool's joke. Not enough information to say other wise.

Oh and it was pretty obvious to me that Big Johnny was going to win control of both shows. Creative seems to love heel authority figures right now, they're just over doing it like they did with Cole's character. Big Johnny has tons of heat from the fans, he is going to get even more now. I believe they're going to max out this character and just milk John L for all he's worth, much like Cena. It just pisses me off they're not using Foley at all. I thought for sure they were bringing him back for an on air authority role. Things can change pretty quick as we know, but damn...this is gonna suck!! LOL

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I do wonder what is going to happen on Raw tomorrow night. I followed tonight pretty much all on twitter (Was able to see the Cena/Rock match) and it sounded like a good show but nothing was really set up for Raw. It's almost like now that Wrestlemania is over, a new year can begin and we start getting new storylines and feuds. I do wonder if HHH or Undertaker (Or even Michaels) is going to say something tomorrow night, or what is going to happen to Cena. Should be an interesting week.

8. DigificWriter

You wouldn't have multiple credible wrestling news sites coordinating on and perpetuating a hoax, and I'm surprised the notion that the Lesnar news is a joke has even entered anyone's thoughts. We've known for a while that Brock returning to the WWE was a definite possibility, and the info about him negotiating with the WWE to be at 'Mania actually first surfaced four or five days ago. Just because the news about him possibly having inked an official return deal surfaced today doesn't and shouldn't automatically make it suspect, and his not appearing on camera doesn't and shouldn't automatically be assumed to mean that he wasn't in attendance.

9. Admiral_Young

I did see somewhere earlier today that a ten man tag team match has been booked for tomorrow night featuring Wrestlemania opponents. It didn't say who though, and yep like I said earlier in the week, WM is like WWE's season finale and the Raw after is like their season premier, although in the last couple of years it has taken a couple months for new story lines and programs to kick into gear.

@DigificWriter...of course not, but I haven't seen anything from the usual suspects about Brock yet. It very well could be they don't know anything at this point. Or he was there but back stage like I mentioned. It is possible we will learn more tomorrow but unlike timothy...I very much doubt we will get this information on Raw.

10. DigificWriter

The WWE reportedly wanted to try and beat the record for the shortest match in 'Mania history, which is why the WHC match was booked the way it was. They ultimately failed to break the record they were aiming for, but, as I noted, the way they did things serves as the perfect way to continue the feud between Sheamus and Bryan going forward, so things are balanced out in the end, at least IMO.

11. Admiral_Young

I read about that somewhere this past week as a rumour...too bad though because I was actually looking forward to an actual match between the two. Will be interesting to see what they do with Bryan as a heel now that he doesn't have the title, and Sheamus as a face World Champion. I could see this program lasting another month or so.

12. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe it'll be less gruesome than the 10-man battle royal in February. I've seen TLC and Hell in a Cell matches that were less hazardous for the wrestlers involved. Just so long as nobody get flung outside the ring in the vicinity of the announcer's table. :eek:

Well that was a stupid reason to shorten the Sheamus/Bryan match! Though not a totally unexpected business decision coming from the WWE these days.

13. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Quick Ratings

DB vs. Sheamus:
    0/5 - This wasn't a match, it was a waste of time.

Randy Orton vs. Kane: 2.5/5 - I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the match and of course, the finish of the match.

The Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes:
    2.5/5 - A feel good match that wasn't anything special in terms of wrestling, but nonetheless it served it's purpose.

M2 and K2 vs. BP and ET: 2/5 - Some spots that you don't get to see in the usual Diva matches, I thought M2 took a couple of impressive bumps and did her best despite little experience.

Undertaker vs. Triple H:
    4/5 - Incredible match where wrestling skill wasn't the focus. A great amount of storytelling and psychology and some dramatic scenes in which both hammered one another with some really brutal chairshots (thankfully there were no headshots)

Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy:
    2.75/5 - Served it's purpose, some cool spots but not really much of a match.

Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk:
    3.5/5 - Was quite slow and sloppy in places, way too many restholds from two guys who are known for having excellent conditioning. The match was saved by the result in which the right guy won. Despite what the IWC believe, Chris Jericho doesn't need the WWE Championship to get over or have good matches. Still, I look for Jericho to win the championship soon, in order to add a new dimension to their feud.

John Cena vs. The Rock:
    3/5 - A huge anti-climax of a match, despite having a build of an entire year! Both wrestled a slow "Hogan/Rock'esque" style in which neither seemed to really play up to the crowd to the levels that they are known for. I was surprised by Rock taking the victory, but I can understand the reason for him winning. It stands to reason that WWE want to continue this feud and perhaps have a rematch at Summerslam (where Cena takes the win) and the rubber match at Wrestlemania 29.

I think Brock will be back tonight, perhaps along with Albert/A-Train/Giant Bernard/Lord Tensai. Can you imagine the heat that Johnny would get for announcing Tensai as his personal bodyguard whilst also recieving an enormous pop as he announces that he has signed Brock Lesnar to an exclusive Raw contract. Then of course, Johnny immediately announces that Lesnar will get a shot at CM Punk's WWE Championship - cue the boo's!

I'm still convinced that Brock will "take out" Undertaker (giving a reason for his annual long term absence) and then go on to have either a match with CM Punk or The Rock at Summerslam.

14. Admiral_Young

That assumes though Undertaker will appear on Raw tonight, if I'm not mistaken, he appeared on the Raw following 27 last year where Triple H gave that speech about being there to end it for 'Taker, etc. It really will be interesting to see what happens. I know you guys are expecting all these huge things to occur tonight, but I really have my doubts (yes as usual :) ) but I like being surprised and proven wrong on occasion.

Also I think if Brock does return, or is announced in any kind of a match against any one...he'll get a huge ass pop. Not heat. He still has a pretty big fan following from fans. I know I'll mark out heel or face :)

15. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

What does it say about the WWE that they FAILED, if this was indeed the reasoning behind that squash match?

I'd love to see Admiral M's booking idea with John L. bring out his new weapons on tonight's post-Wrestlemania Raw.

16. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Don't get me wrong, Brock will initially get a massive pop - but if he is returning I'm confident he will quickly turn heel. Lesnar has always worked best as a monster heel/arrogant high achiever and to do the opposite would be risky.

Going into a programme with Undertaker is logical considering their history and the fact that Undertaker has never beaten Lesnar. Their feud in 2002 was exceptional and Taker putting Brock over on each occasion, really helped to get him over as a serious main eventer - although it was primarily down to WWE pushing him to the moon from the onset!

17. timothy

I really like the kurt vs Brock fued the best. now was hall of fame induction showed saturday? if so why are they showing it agin tonight before RAW.

18. Admiral_Young

Yes as reported in the thread somewhere earlier it will be on before Raw. Should be on right now. I guess we're not ready for a new thread yet.

19. timothy

Now why do we need a new thread?

20. Admiral_Young

I stated why in the thread I created this morning, no offense or anything. I just think that since 28 is over and we're entering a new year of story lines and programs it is time for a new thread.