Worst Seasons of Good Shows

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JirinPanthosa, Jun 24, 2019.

1. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed. And sadly they never quite got the mojo back after Harmon returned in S5, as by that time, the actors started to leave.
    Truthfully, only the first season B&W episodes of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. really work for me, probably because of showrunner Norman Felton. After that, it just got too campy for me. I liked the tongue-in-cheek quality the first season had.
    Yes, I came into this thread specifically to mention the last season of Quantum Leap. Pretty much nothing they tried in that season worked, from the leaping into famous people, to the idiotic Evil Leaper storylines (too much like what you'd find on the Saturday morning cartoon version of QL, IMO), and worst of all, an episode where the show broke its own rules of Sam only leaping into his own lifetime by having Sam leap into an ancestor during the Civil War because they were genetically similar or something. I was so annoyed with them doing that that I refused to watch the episode.

I liked the episodes where the serial killer escaped in the present and the finale, but honestly, considering its declining quality, I wasn't too sorry that Quantum Leap didn't come back for another season after that.

2. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, and season 5 of Babylon 5 was pretty damn disappointing. TNT's renewal notice came so late that JMS tied up all the major plotlines in S4, leaving him to basically vamp and extend the epilogue for an entire season. And when you factor in the loss of Claudia Christian and the addition of charisma voids like the guy who played Byron... Well, it was pretty damn bad.

Kitty Worrier likes this.