^ The pain of using space heaters, as I've been experiencing lately, is that they tend to trip the circuit breaker in various rooms of my house, especially when such heaters are running simultaneously, resulting in power interruptions. I've done some research and realized that most home electrical outlets have a maximum of 15 to 20 amps; since a space heater uses a lot of energy, it often triggers the circuit breaker when two many other appliances are running or plugged into an outlet. It appears having a "dedicated circuit" for a heater would be advisable. I think the best way to keep warm is to turn on your furnace/central heating. Unfortunately, our home's furnace isn't working at the moment because the pilot needs to be ignited. I haven't been getting much sleep lately ... My room is too cold, and I constantly have to get up during the night to reset the breaker. I'm waiting on my sister to call the gas company.