News Wilson: Star Trek Is A Dream Job

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by AutoAdmin, Sep 19, 2018.

1. AutoAdmin

AutoAdmin Machine of Death Administrator

A new news article has been published at TrekToday:

Rainn Wilson, who portrayed Harry Mudd twice on Star Trek: Discovery and who will reprise the role in one of the Star...

Continue reading...

Groppler Zorn likes this.
  2. Groppler Zorn

Groppler Zorn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wilson: “Write me a dream job”

Is this another secret bit of evidence that pertains to how DSC will resolve itself with canon?

First bit: Michael is knocked out on the beacon - are we sure she’s really awake? I.e. in a dream? Because she’s in a coma?

Second bit: Wilson talking about a “dream job”? Taken literally, his job is a dream - meaning that DSC is an illusion.

That’s a twist worthy of JJ Abrams.

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

He seems like a great guy, incredibly humble and appreciative of this opportunity - and his coworkers.

4. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

No. No I think he meant he really likes his job.

5. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hate to say this, because I think Wilson did a good job, but I hope we don't see him in S2 aside from his short.

DIS desperately needs to break out of its "small quadrant syndrome." I mean, it's nothing new at all in Trek for the main cast to do everything. But normally we had guest stars each week to liven things up. DIS Season 1 didn't introduce anyone above extra level past its fifth or sixth episode. I mean, I understand in serialized stories recurring guest characters are needed. But only if there's a story role for them. Mudd's second appearance in Season 1 worked well from a (standalone) story perspective. But continuing to use Cornwell through the end run when any old admiral would have done did not. It's a friggin big galaxy - we need to have some sense of awesome scale to make the show not feel like a frackin stage play.

I'm pretty sure I've read Season 2 will only have 13 episodes, not 15. I don't think there's really time for another "return of Mudd" given such a short schedule.

If he does show up I expect he's going to be involved with MU Georgiou somehow though.

XCV330 likes this.
  6. Groppler Zorn

Yeah I got that :lol:

It’s hard to convey tongue in cheek on the internet

7. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

sorry

8. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

People who like their job are very lucky. Extremely lucky. I'm not one of those people. I'm glad Rain Wilson is. He looks like he has a lot of fun as Harry Mudd. And I believe he's a recurring character, so he'll be around. He's this show's Quark.

I think they'll stick him a situation that will make him be around for the duration. Some circumstance will make him stuck where he is or be convenient for him to stay in. Otherwise, he'd just flee. Away from Stella and away from Starfleet.

I'd like if they made Harry Mudd into a Saul Goodman type.

9. Groppler Zorn

No apology necessary :)