Why do so many people hate 'Insurrection' so much?

TMP made a ton of money because people went to see it a dozen times each. That was about more than it’s objective quality (it was the first new Trek in a decade for example. Well. Live action.)

I would say that many people went to see TMP multiple times despite its objective quality, not because of it. Not every repeat viewer actually liked it a lot; it was simply all there was, other than the same old 1960s reruns.

As for Insurrection, I can only say that I enjoyed Fade In, Michael Piller's tale of what went wrong, a lot more.

I would say that many people went to see TMP multiple times despite its objective quality, not because of it. Not every repeat viewer actually liked it a lot; it was simply all there was, other than the same old 1960s reruns.

As for Insurrection, I can only say that I enjoyed Fade In, Michael Piller's tale of what went wrong, a lot more.

That’s basically what I said xD
And Fade In is really really good, and makes me wish Stewart had bowed out in Generations or First Contact....his control really lead to some protracted script development.

There's some badly-translated subtitles for Insurrection in the style of "Star Wars Episode III: The Backstroke of the West" out there. And it kinda says everything about Insurrection that not only are they funnier than the actual film is, they actually improve the film's storyline! According to this new version, Ru'afo is actually the long-lost son of Anij, and he wants to harvest the rings because they have the power to resurrect the dead, but his plan will have the slight side-effect of wiping out all life in the galaxy. (link)

Wrong movie. :p

Lol, yes. Well... it was late.

As for Insurrection: No, I don't hate that one. The music is beautiful. I like the main theme. As for the rest: It's pretty forgettable.
But I love the redlettermedia review, esp. when Plinkett pointed out that the planet people all wear brown and beige and beige and brown.

It's not a movie I'm watching very often.

Back