who would u follow?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Joemac, Feb 11, 2009.

1. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

think i'd follow archer

2. StarHarper

StarHarper Captain Captain

I'd follow Archer anywhere - becuase I LOVE the view:devil:

3. lawman

lawman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can't believe that no one's saying Kirk. C'mon, can there really be any doubt that James Kirk is the most accomplished captain in the history of Starfleet?

Granted, if I were actually in the crew, I'd want to make sure I wasn't one of the red-shirted security officers. (But to get meta for a second, I blame the writers for that, not Kirk.) Other than that, though? Kirk all the way!

Besides, the 24th century is just really boring compared to the 23rd...

4. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

As much as I like Janeway I'm also a Kirk fan. :)

5. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Almost any Jem'hadar first, except an Alpha, Sisko, then Picard, then Kirk... as long as he didn't hit on me. Archer... during season 3 just to see a Xindi reptilian, Janeway's ship is always under fire... so no... and no "alliances" with the Borg, thanks.

6. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Federation captain...I'd follow Sisko. (Or if I could be in the Bajoran militia, I suppose I'd answer to Kira.)

Cardassians...well, I'd follow Gul Macet! And though he's a flag officer and not a ship's captain--Tekeny Ghemor! :)

7. spoonunseptium

spoonunseptium Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hm. Probably Janeway, but only if I were in the "in" crowd; aka a main character.

Tied with her is Picard. I like his voice. I would also like to hang out with Deanna, 'cause she's a really nice person.

Kirk is too amorous.

8. trilbymonkey

trilbymonkey Lieutenant Red Shirt

Janeway, no question. Probably Picard too. :bolian:

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sisko's the best leader - not a cowboy like Kirk, not an old granny like Picard, not schizo like Janeway, not a pompous/incompetent ass like Archer.

Wow, Trek captains suck! :rommie:

10. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

Morgan Bateson (U.S.S. Enterprise-E), or Benjamin Sisko, if Starfleet Command offered Ben a "U.S.S. Saratoga-A"

11. leola

leola Lieutenant Red Shirt

Janeway or Picard, the diplomats. :bolian:

12. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Captain Jean-Luc Picard

[​IMG]

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

13. Volpone_the_Fox

Volpone_the_Fox Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

In choosing my captain, I would follow the one I would want to be like most, so my choice would be Kirk.

14. Joemac

Joemac Lieutenant Red Shirt

any onr remember riker as captain?would you follow him.i think i'd risk it. but i had forgotten worf had command .perhaps today is a good day to die!

15. kissthestar

kissthestar Captain Captain

Pike and Janeway torture themselves the most about the wellbeing of crewmembers. I would go with the guiltiest parties. It's safer.

16. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

17. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Pike or Sisko.

18. kent

kent Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

1: Captain Janeway. Why? Because she was always available to her crew for any kind of counsel, and cared for them in a way no captain i've ever seen has, I.E. "Good Shepard". She took risks, very dangerous risks, I agree. But considering her position being more or less stuck in the Delta quadrant, risks that were acceptable. Yes she went up against the borg, she stole tech from them, but it was to get home quicker and it wasn't just her making the decision. She also destroyed the Borgs ability to travel for a time, gained knowlege of them the Federation had never known, and started a civil war. I'd say that if Picard had this opportunity, he would've taken it. He was, to point out, going to infect a borg drone and then genocidally infect the rest of them (ended up not doing it though). Janeway had a morality and sense of family about her crew that would make my loyalties solid as neutronium.

2: Captain Kirk. He was cool, like me he was a player so I'd get along with him, and he cared for his crew in much the same way that Janeway did. He also took risks for the sake of the mission and his crew like Janeway did. He was valiant, honorable, and dedicated, and I would've followed him unquestionably. He was a warrior, and I would trust him in any instance without a heart beat's hesitation.

3: Captain Picard. He's a good captain, does the right thing, and albeit distantly cares for his crew. He's 24th century Starfleet personified. However, that's also why I don't like him as much as Janeway or Kirk. Janeway took risks like Captain Kirk did for the sake of the mission, but Picard often played it safe and seemed kind of dull. When his ship was thrown to a proto-galaxy, then to the edge of the universe, he did NO EXPLORING. His reason: the super warp drive could get them back. BAD BAD. If that were true, the super warp drive could get them home also, what difference does it make if it can get them back to the proto-galaxy versus getting them HOME from the proto-galaxy? He has a 1 in a quadtrillion chance to study for a little while this proto-galaxy, and the edge of the universe (gaining an understanding about physics that NO federation scientist would ever have gained.). BUT, he played it safe and lost an opportunity that Janeway would NEVER have lost. The whole point is to boldy (BOLDY) go where NO ONE has gone BEFORE. Fail captain.

4: Archer. Only because I would've liked to have seen the universe before the Federation existed, and because I don't like Sisko all that much. And he was hot and I'd totally hit that. And Trip.

5: The Sisko. Honostly, I never liked him all that much. He seemed aarogant and aloof. He had too much confidence and I didn't like his command style. He was a great tacticion, but beyond that I would never really relate to him at all. Also, he enunciated his words with this annoying bellow that I HATED.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  19. trj

trj Lieutenant Red Shirt

picard.

20. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

Admiral Adama

What?

What do you mean that isn't one of the choices??

Alright, Fine.

Saul Tigh then.

No Saul Tigh then either, eh?