Who was the best Atlantis leader ?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by SalvorHardin, Jan 10, 2009.

?

Best Atlantis leader

1. Weir

45 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. Carter

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Woolsey

43 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. RaymondJames

RaymondJames Captain Captain

Weir, amazing character. Strong woman and very hott. I love Carter but Sg-1 carter and Atlantis Carter were not alike at all and she shouldn't have replace Weir. I love Woolsey too but I gave it to Weir.

2. hxclespaulplayer

hxclespaulplayer Captain Captain

Certainly not Cardboard Carter!

3. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

"SG:A Carter" is what you get when you remove the deus-ex-machina from "SG:1 Carter". There never really was more depth to the character than that. IMO.
    (Unlike Rodney, for example, who had definable and evolving character traits beyond his deus-ex-machina ability)

4. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Woolsey. Definitely.

I had huge misgivings about his appointment, but I was very pleasantly surprised. He was excellent, that's probably mostly down to Picardo though.

5. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Tapping has been phoning it in in near every Stargate related performance since the start of that season.

I vote for Woolsey, I "bought" him more as leader than I ever did Weir. Though I never cared for the actress who played her, I would have liked the one from Lost City to have taken the role.

6. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost City Weir would have done an infinitely better job I agree

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I can't quite believe I'm doing this, but I voted for Woolsey. ;)

8. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Commander Red Shirt

Without a doubt Weir was the best

9. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I really grew to appreciate Woolsey by the end of the series. I just wish they'd given him something a little less silly than the outfit Teyla, Carter, and Weir wore.

10. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm a big fan of Bob Picardo and It would have been great if he had another year or two as Wolsey, but I have to say Weir. She and Sheppard had great working chemistry and really complemented each other.

11. Wicca who Wonta

Wicca who Wonta Vice Admiral Admiral

I really liked Weir's character. I think she was the best leader due to her empathic personality.

12. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Carter isn't even an after-thought on this question.
    I voted for Woolsey, because The Bureaucrat really did come through and grew into the role as a leader in an extremely dangerous time (... and I love Picardo).

13. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, this poll is going more or less as I expected.

It says a lot about Woolsey and Picardo that he managed to be almost equally liked as Weir, considering how much more time she had to establish her character and relationship with the Atlantis crew.

I imagine if Woolsey had a couple more years as a leader we wouldn't even remember who Weir was. A bit hyperbolic but you get my point.

14. RaymondJames

INDEED
    I exspected Weir to win, Woolsey to be 2nd with a fair ammount of votes and Carter dead last.
    I have to think that its more about Picardo than the writers when it comes to Woolsey. Picardo didn't have much time to build much character on Atlantis but here you go, he is in a dead tie with Weir.

15. Zod

Zod Captain Captain

Woolsey was more a part time character it seemed. Weir was more involved, and we learned so much more about her and we watched her develop so much more.

I had to vote for her because Woolsey just didn't get enough face time for me to say he was better. On an emotional level I could never pick him or Sam over Weir.

I love Robert Picardo though and love the character they created for him in the stargate shows. Great stuff.

16. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Woolsey has been a reacuring character ever since the third season so I think he had plenty of time to build his presense on Atlantis.

17. RaymondJames

as a character yes, as a leader no. His leadership style only came about in season 5 and his character changed for the better with the leadership role.

18. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    Wier definitely, but Woolsey had some great moments, esp in Enemy at the Gate and Inquisition. So I would put Weir and Woolsey join first with Carter at the bottom (the character has not grown on me, maybe cause of the stupid will they won't they plot with o'neil).

You know I would have loved to have seen in charge of the Lost City?
    Mckay.:guffaw:

19. cb31

cb31 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I wasn't sure I would, but I ended up liking Woolsey quite a bit. He gets my vote!