Who was the best Atlantis leader ?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by SalvorHardin, Jan 10, 2009.

?

Best Atlantis leader

1. Weir

45 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. Carter

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Woolsey

43 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Even though he was there only for a year I find Woolsey to be the best Atlantis leader with Weir in the second place and Carter third.

What do you guys think ?

2. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

tough call.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I didn't see much of this season, so I can't speak to Woolsey.

All I know is that I really missed Weir throughout all of Season 4.

4. drownedworld

drownedworld Cadet Newbie

Weir.

I also really missed her in season 4 but was happy with Woolsey replacing Carter this season.

5. steveman

steveman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Woolsey really surprised me this year. Initially, I thought the producers made a terrible call when they installed him as the new leader of the expedition. However, Woolsey emerged as an authoritative, cool-headed leader. I can't really say enough about the character or Bob Picardo's portrayal of him. Just good stuff all-around.

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I liked all three, but Weir wins for me.

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I have to say Woolsey, he was the best IMO. I didn't think he would be, but he turned out alright.

8. Chevron Guy

Chevron Guy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The character of Carter was my favorite of the three, but from her SG-1 days. She was badly misused on Atlantis. I voted for Weir.

9. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Elisabeth Weir, hands down. I'd put Woolsey second, due entirely to how badly handled Carter was.

10. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked all of them. But if I had to chose, it would be Weir.

Sean

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I voted for Weir. It was close between her and Woolsey, but sometimes I forget Carter was on the show. Her entire story on Atlantis was boring and pointless.

I liked the actress that played Weir. Very MILFy.

12. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

That is a hard choice... my vote would go to Weir or Carter. Don't know if I could choose between the two.

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Woolsey got the best writing by far and was played by the best actor. Weir was sabotaged by bad writing and Carter was a nonentity.

However, a more important consideration is, which has the best interpersonal dynamic with Shep, the lead character? Definitely Weir. After that, Woolsey. Carter doesn't rate a blip.

14. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can understand your thoughts on this...i vote Woosley because he had actual character growth on the show, and his experience has played a legitmate role in the story.

Weir seemed like a good idea, but not one that was given any kind of story arc to grow. Her character, due to the set-up, really needed to be written like General Hammond, but yet they tried to bring up front, and didn't write it very well.

15. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1. Weir
    2. Woosley
    3. Carter

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

They were all pretty useless and right when the Weir started not to suck they kicked her off.

17. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The abortive Shep-Weir dynamic is probably one of the show's biggest failings. Writing Weir as a competent leader should have merely been the backdrop to evolving the friendship of those two characters. I don't give a flip about Weir doing her job well, I just assume that's the case, and want to see how she interacts with other key characters and especially the lead character.

And definitely it should not involve romance. I like the fact that it seemed like it could go there, but never did, and neither party ever really indicated that they wanted it to (unlike the annoying O'Neill-Carter plotline which just came off making them both look bad).

18. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Weir. As some may recall, Weird kept Atlantis fully functional without the aid of starships, completely cut off from Earth. Carter and Woolsey had it *easy* by comparison.

19. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

As for actual leadership, I think Woosley was stronger. However, I like Weir's character more.

Strangely, I think this season had the best cast arrangement where all the characters really gelled together. I'm probably in the minority on this.

20. TerriO

TerriO Writer-type human Premium Member

Elizabeth. She didn't have Earth and the IOA to fall back on for her first year.