Who do you think the director of Trek XI will be?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Tamek, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With Robert Wise editing and Orson Welles directing, can we cast Orson Welles as Captain Kirk? He does star in most of his movies: Citizen Kane, The Touch of Evil, The Lady From Shanghai, Mr. Arkadin, etc. etc. etc. ;)

Another good dead director would be Ingmar Bergman. Put Kirk and Spock on a shuttlecraft and have them distintegrate emotionally for two hours with bitterness slicing through pretenses and many lengthly monologues.... hey, I'd watch it. :p

2. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    ^^
    Since this never was a serious thread to begin with (was it? :confused:), I don't feel bad getting off topic here...

If we are bringing Orson Welles back from the dead to star in (and possibly direct) this, we shouldn't cast him as Kirk, he should be cast as the villain. In 'The Third Man' (one of the best movies ever, IMO), Welles played a terrific villain -- Harry Lime. Harry Lime was the type of villain who certainly was a "bad guy", but not in the traditionally over-the-top-evil sense...There was something about Harry Lime that made the audience actually find the guy likable and charming in some ways.

THAT'S the kind of villain that Star Trek needs.

3. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, but if Orson Welles is the villain, then we need Carol Reed to direct, just like in 'The Third Man'. :p But after David Carson's debacle in Generations, are Star Trek fans ready for another British director?

Still, part of the pleasure of The Third Man is Welles character is practically the more romantic, more interesting alter-ego to the bland, basically good but generally feckless Joseph Cotton character. And who wants their Kirks to be bland? ;) The same applies to Mr. Arkadin, where Orson Welles is the mysterious villain and the hero is some seedy cypher.

Ah hell, just cast Jimmy Stewart as Captain Kirk, Kim Novak as Yeoman Rand, give another certain British director the chair, and remake Vertigo. :)

4. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

Some nut named Steven Spielberg, heard he's a big TOS fan.

- W -
    * He is actually *

5. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Its a pity Busby Berkleys not still alive.

Star Trek is crying out for a good song & dance number. I think it would have improved Nemesis considerably

6. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's this terrific Skakespearean actor who I think could be a good director. His Name is Anton Karidian (I believe that's just his stage name).

I heard his performance at Tarsus IV was a real killer.

7. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

I think any man would be angry if they were named Mandy.

8. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

Man

you know that's not true!

they're just saying that to make you go to the movie!

9. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

What about when Data got up at the wedding and sang-- ohhhhhhhhhh, you said a GOOD song & dance number. :o

10. Woulfe

Turns out "Smokie" from LOST is directing Star Trek.

To get him to direct one must input 4 8 15 16 23 42 every 108 mins into an old style PC.

- W -
    * Smirks *

11. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

I was thinking more along the lines of that ditty sung by Denise Richards in "Drop Dead Gorgeous".

It was excellent in that movie, so it will be excellent in Star Trek.

However, this thread is about the director, not denise richards!

This thread has been derailed!

HELP!!!

12. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You mean it won't be the winner of On The Lot?

13. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

As long as he casts Ben Kingsly to be the head evil tribble I'll be there on opening night.

14. Woulfe

- NEWSFLASH -

Hollywood [AP] William Shatner to direct new Star Trek film. Sources say he want's to correct the mistake of "Generations" J.J. Abrams tells all it was a ploy created by Shatner to tell everyone he wasn't going to be in the film, turns out, he was going to DIRECT instead and also have a few brief scenes in the film as well.

A spocksperson for Paramont said "Well, we couldn't reall make a Star Trek movie without Shatner now could we ?" It's no wonder to this reporter that everything was kept so hush-hush behind the gates at Paramount.

Paramount's PR department had this to say "The new movie is going to be BIG, really BIG, you would believe how mind-boggleing huge it's going to be, you may think it's a long way down to the corner drug store, but that's just peanuts to how BIG this film is going to be."

With William Shtner on board you can clearly see they mean it. Part of Shatner's contract allows him to go back and finish Star Trek 5 the way he wanted it to be. He'd like to take this chance as long as he's doing the new film to tie up all the loose ends he had with Star Trek 5.

"I'd like to redo the ending to what I originaly had in mind, but we couldn't do it with the FX company we had on Star Trek 5, but here we are with ILM on this film, I'm sure I can get them to finish Star Trek 5 like I wanted it." Said Shatner to this reporter.

Let's just hope he gets to do just that.

15. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

Nice job scooping trekmovie!!!

Smooth like butter. Peanut butter. That gets stuck to the roof of your mouth!

You should sell them this press release for $100.00!!! TODAY!

16. Woulfe

^ Unfortunatly I woke up before I could read the rest of the story in the press release.

- W -
    * It was only a dream *

17. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

ill buy it for 85.00 then, send me your paypal, im about to make me 15 bucks off the rumor of who the director will be!

18. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

Jonathan Frakes will direct and make a cameo as a valentine for the fans.

Actually I don't find him a bad director at all.

19. Woulfe

I don't have pay-pal as I don't trust in plastic money.

- W -
    * Meh *

20. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

Paypal is *magic* money, don't you know anything! No plastic involved.

I will use my 15.00 i get to get the guy who directed that awesome "From Dusk Til Dawn" movie to direct Star Trek XI, he's got to need the cash!