Which Superheroes are guilty of Tax Fraud?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, May 10, 2023.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not an executive order.

The Keene Act of 1977.

But Dick didn't veto it either.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
    Set Harth likes this.
  2. Guy Gardener

Sorry to get back into this...

The Batmobile 66 and 89 are not entirely mechanical. They are rocket assisted. So whether you say that they are a Rocket car with mechanical redundancy or a regular car with chemical assistance, the Batmobile either doesn't qualify as a car or it isn't a car, when the chemical drive is firing, even though it is neither a Boat or an air craft, although I wouldn't put it past Lucius Fox to make sure the Batmobile is seaworthy, and airworthy.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  3. vulcancicada

vulcancicada Commander Red Shirt

All the billionaire/super rich ones definitely commit tax fraud. Including Bruce Wayne. Batman seems like the kind of guy who doesn't file and flies under the radar. Clark Kent definitely files correctly and honestly. Superman is unemployed as no one pays him to be Superman.

4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Superman does sometimes work with the American government but I think that is more of the case of being a independent contractor who doesn't take a salary. The fact that they don't pay him might mean they are actually in the wrong by not even giving him minimum wage. My guess is maybe Superman does agree to a salary to make things stay all legal but then donates all that money to charity.

vulcancicada likes this.
  5. vulcancicada

vulcancicada Commander Red Shirt

I doubt that superman takes a salary and I doubt the US would pay it (cheapskates)...they don't pay Iron Man, do they? I would like to believe Superman just shows up when he's needed, saves the world, then peaces out. I have always wondered though, how Clark Kent accounts for his substantial and frequent sick leaves...

6. Jayson1

I think the DC Amercian government might be different than the Marvel American government. Also you got those universes were Lex Luthor is President of the United States so that must be weird for Superman if he did take a salary. As for Iron Man I think they would never help Iron Man out. Not when he refused to give them his suits and also quit making Weapons, which they no doubt bought much of them. It's why they doubt much prefer seeing Captain America as a team leader.

7. Guy Gardener

10 years ago, our time, Tony Stark became the US Secretary of Defense, because only he could be trusted to incorporate Stark Tech into the American Military Industrial Complex, and save the world.

The Job requires Senate confirmation.

They called him a drunk fuck.

Stark replied that he had a mechanical liver now, which cannot process alcohol, so they can suck it.

They sucked it, and he got the job.

P.S.

Nick Fury Commander of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the early 80s, if that's what you're talking about, because it happened again in the 90's, tried to safeguard Stark's armour, because he was MIA in the bottom of a bottle of scotch... Was S.H.I.E.L.D. "purely" an American Institution at that point?

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  8. Guy Gardener

Tax fraud.

An imaginary pilot was invented, and designated as the IRON MAN, who was Stark's body guard. That imaginary person received wages, on paper, and then paid real taxes, so that Tony could maintain his secret identity as his own body guard.

Tony paid James Rhodes to be his pilot, but did he pay Jim to be War Machine?

Dude had to eat.

vulcancicada likes this.
  9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Everybody at the DP just pretends to not know what's up.

vulcancicada and Guy Gardener like this.
  10. Guy Gardener

Last week, in a flashback, Young Clark sold hundreds of dollars worth of baseball cards, from his childhood collection, to buy a spiffy new dress for Lois Lane.

Liar, or shit with money?

In Lois and Clark the New Adventures of Superman, with Dean Cain and Terri Hatcher, a Harry Mudd like figure, got Superman to sign a licencing deal for toys and memorabilia. Superman asked that his cut of the profits be donated to charity. A handshake deal later, Clark forgot that this happened, and never looked into what his share was, or if his share got to a charity.

In an 80s comic book, Wonder Woman saw mean girls abusing Losers who could not afford Wonder Woman merchandising, stuck her foot down and insisted that all Wonder Woman iconography was now free, so that all little girls could praise Diana, no matter how shit their parents jobs were. It's almost like the author of that book does not understand how basic economics work. No one is going to make new wonder woman stuff, if they can't sell it for a profit, which means pre-existing Wonder Woman toys and bracelets, boots and shirts, are going to quadruple or octuple in price on the second hand market, beyond the reach of even those snobby meangirls.

"Sigh"

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  11. Jayson1

I assume places like the Batcave are on some independent energy source because I can imagine how much the electric bill would be for Bruce Wayne if the cave was running on the grid. Granted Wayne could afford it but I think someone would eventually figure it and maybe even find the Batcave and soon as they find it under Bruce Wayne's manor it's easy to guess who might be Batman.

12. Guy Gardener

66 has a visible atomic pile. No electricity bill. Hell, if he's stupid, Wayne Manor doesn't have an electricity bill either. That's a huge red flag that would send in some one to see where he is getting his power from, because making power can create disturbing amounts of toxic waste, and if you dispose of that waste with out prejudice, that's how you get Cancer clusters in school zones.

Oh.

Let's have a chuckle...

"Solar Panels in Gotham."

13. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If ever Superman needed money, he could just squeeze a lump of coal and turn it into a diamond. And, yes, he could pay taxes on the money he'd get for selling it.

vulcancicada likes this.
  14. Guy Gardener

Does Superman have a Tax Payer Identification Number?

He can give the IRS wheel barrows of money, but they have to take his word for it that it's an adequate number of wheel barrows... Too little and it's fraud, too much and they want to know where to send the rebate before some one loses their job for half inching Superman. Even overpaying them is technically fraud if you don't do the paper work.

Karen "Powergirl" Kent, the daughter of Earth 2's Superman, shipwrecked on Earth 1, maybe 5 years ago, our time, is the billionaire CEO of a fortune 500 company, but when she is strapped for cash, Karen goes for a swim, burrows down hundreds of meters into the sea floor, and comes back up with another half ton of "rare earth elements" to sell to herself.

She pretends to have a billion dollar submarine, that goes on multi-million dollar excursions, with an imaginary crew of dozens of extremely proficient and well paid submariners. Her board, unless it's a private company, thinks that they bought this submarine, and they are paying depreciation on it, and paying mooring fees for it to dock at a mariner.

Money in her pocket, that she has to pay taxes on, which is fraud.