Which Episode Grew On You?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Spock's Barber, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

30 seconds? Or at least I knew something interesting was up there. Didn't diminish my enjoyment, though. :hugegrin: But I will scrutinize that on my next rewatch.

2. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Boooooooo!!!

Poltargyst likes this.
  3. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you can't stand "The Doomsday Machine," it probably has to do with your taste in music, because "TDM" has a powerful and vibrant score that's impossible to miss. Liking that music is one reason I like the episode.

johnnybear likes this.
  4. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When I first relistened to TDM on cassette back in 79 I was really taken with the music! Especially the Kirk does it again track which reappeared on By Any Other Name!
    JB

Spock's Barber likes this.
  5. PCz911

PCz911 Captain Captain

I like the music. I bought the cd
    It's the acting that just drives me nuts.
    Sorry.

6. pfontaine2

pfontaine2 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just reviewed your blog post about The Lights of Zetar and it's excellent! Nicely researched and approaches the episode from a number of interesting angles. Regarding our comments in the blog about the alien voices, I respectfully disagree and this element remains burned into my brain from a very young age of a very effective and disturbing portrayal of alien possession. Yes, the poor woman on Memory Alpha looks a bit silly contorting her mouth (the dailies must have been very funny) but the garbled sound that was added is very effective IMHO. Thanks again for pointing me to this most excellent review!

7. Poltargyst

Poltargyst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You get the tar, I'll get the feathers.