what's your local weather?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Nov 26, 2013.

1. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

We have the start of a blizzard here on LI!

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Hah, no, but it certainly does feel like it. I do kind of wish I could move further south. Maybe someday. The windchilll has been rather high all week, but today took the cake. We haven't had it this high in quite some time. Where I am, we're not getting any of the storms due to the geology and climate of the area that tends to keep the bigger storms away, but what we are getting are these bitter colds. Those make me wary of going outside.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It has been February for the last two months. I'm over it.

4. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Wind and rain.

5. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Endless wind and rain, glad I am on the east coast today.

6. mari

mari Captain Captain

I guess the snow has stopped, but the wind is blowing around so much it's hard to tell. And record lows in CT today. Normally, as the only one with work cancelled (yay for working at a school!) I'd be responsible for snow clean-up, but being pregnant I get a pass. So, it's pajamas all day, and trying to track down where the draft is coming from in the living room.

7. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Sunny and cold (in the teens) here.

8. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

foggy atm and rainy later. The forecast predicts over 10°C for the next days. This is crazy - it's like late March!

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Today, it's a high of 63F with a low of 50. Should be nice. Tomorrow, will be much, much colder.

10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

On the cool side here today. High of 68.

:cool:

11. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm currently putting off going out and shoveling two and a half feet of snow from the driveway.

12. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the North Pole is warmer:

[​IMG]

13. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

It's going to be downright Martian out there beginning tonight. Lows between -20F and -35F with forecasted wind chills between -40F and -75F.

Almost every school in Northern Wisconsin is closed Monday. Most called Monday off by 2:30 last Friday.

14. Kenbushway

Kenbushway Captain Captain

Surprisingly cold for Georgia; we recently had a night that because of 20mph winds it was 8 degrees outside, 18 was the actual temp without winds. I've lived here since 2000 and I've never seen this before. Right now its 35 and we are expected to have snow showers on Monday. I wish I could experience winters like this more down here, I have my window open and everything.

15. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Highs have been in the 40s around here, but it's supposed to go down into single digits tomorrow. Took this picture today of a partly frozen waterfall at Monte Sano State Park:
    [​IMG]

16. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Still windy, grey and raining.

17. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

dark here. It's only 2 pm but feels like 5. No rain atm but propably later. Still no snow and temperatures above freezing point.
    A friend of mine in St Petersburg (aka Petrograd) tells me they ahve the same weather. No snow at all and temperatures above freezing point for the last 4 weeks. She has a theory that the snow has all moved to NY. It really looks like it.

18. mari

mari Captain Captain

It's currently 17F and mostly cloudy, with a light breeze (no wind chill). Supposed to get up to 43, I'm waiting til it's about 25 to get out and do my shopping. It may or may not rain, as well, or it might be freezing rain depending on when it gets here. I can't avoid going out any more, though, we're just about out of food.

@Rhubarb I bet you'll get your snow in mid-April. My family is visiting Germany then (I can't remember specifically what cities) so that would be just about right for one of our vacations. Or it'll be tropical. I wish I was going, but the baby is due around then and I definitely can't leave the country.

19. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

-1 C with light snow. Very grateful that it's much much warmer outside.

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Right now, it's 47F but should be down to 27 F later tonight. Freakishly cold, for these parts.