Contest: VOTE What's your favorite ENT character and why?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by CaptainNoori, Apr 11, 2017.

1. bajorangirl

bajorangirl Lieutenant Red Shirt

Captain Archer, he is probably my dream captain, someone you can look up to, who is friendly and you can have a laugh with. I always liked that although he was the boss he was also a likeable man who clearly cared about his crew. Trip as he was the most real of the characters, a proper lads lad as we say where I come from and Malcolm, he is almost child like, not in his behaviour but in his mannerisms, I can see bits of myself in him, and he likes bangers and mash :adore:

I'm not overly keen on Hoshi Sato I always thought she was really boring theres just something about her I didn't like. T'Pol annoyed me in the first season or so but I warmed to her as the series went on and she became less narcissistic.

Travis, we don't get to see much of but he is an all round nice guy, his character reminds me of Lieutenant Aiden Ford from Stargate Atlantis, a young enthusiastic crew member who always looks on the bright side.

and who couldn't like Dr Phlox?! Very ethical and intelligent and excellent at his job. I work in a hospital and I only hope a few of the Doctors there would emanate his bedside manner. (I think he would make a good paediatrician)

HopefulRomantic likes this.
  2. Ensign Ellora Dannan

Ensign Ellora Dannan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Pediatrician? I think Dr. Phlox could be just about any type of doctor. He's just too good at all types of cures. He's the best as the crew would say. Totally agree with you on the Captain! Who wouldn't want a boss like him? He just doesn't order you around he gets it. It's lonely, scary and sometimes downright dangerous in Space and he's like a father protecting his children (even if they are adults). Trip is definately a Southern gentleman and it's easy to see why he warmed up to T'pol later on. T'Pol was a bit too stiff and "by the book" at first but as she got to know the crew better, she began to understand humans better than her peers. I found it hard to like Hoshi too but she "grew up" by the end of the series and was more likeable (except in "In A Mirror, Darkly" when she took over as the 'Empress') Travis was likeable too. He had a lot of potential and just wasn't given much chances to prove himself. And Malcolm, ah yes, what can you say? Oddly enough, I do identify with both him and actor Dominic Keating. I did have a British Grandfather in the Royal Navy - he passed in 1928 before I was born. I'm curious about the British side of my family so, explain what is/are bangers & mash? I've heard the term a lot. One of these days, I may even go to England and try some real, authentic fish & chips with a Guinness!

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Trip and T'Pol. Trip has a lots of personality (and is, IMHO, more charismatic than Archer), while T'Pol is . . . dare I say it?--fascinating as a Vulcan with hidden depths and issues. (I loved her guiltily slipping out to jazz clubs when stationed on Earth.)

Balok's Decoy likes this.
  4. waxon

waxon Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I loved Trip, he was a well rounded character and seemed like a really nice. I liked Tpol because she was a very interesting character. Couldn't stand Archer though, I wouldn't have missed him if he had been bumped off.

5. bajorangirl

bajorangirl Lieutenant Red Shirt

Bangers and mash are literally just sausages and mashed potato with plenty of gravy. It's my favourite meal so when I heard it mentioned in one of the episodes it made me smile. I think the term bangers comes from the first world war when there was rationing, the sausage meat was mixed with a lot of water and used to "bang" when cooking. You should definitely visit the UK and visit a seaside town in the North (where I am from) for the best fish and chips. And to be more authentic I would try a pint of John Smiths or Newkie Brown Ale, beautiful drinks :beer:. I'd definitely love to have a drink with Malcolm, he'd have a few stories to tell

Thotch likes this.
  6. Ensign Ellora Dannan

Okay! Now I know what bangers & mash are. I wish I could get to the UK but it may be sometime later. Would love to see the seasides there. Thanks for the tip on the drinks, too! My Grandfather (Mom's Dad) was from England, not sure what town. He was in the Royal Navy (like Malcolm's dad). Dominic's was actually in the British Army and received and OBE. And you can bet he would have stories to tell but only after a few drinks under his belt! LOL

bajorangirl likes this.
  7. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Reed, he's shy and a bit awkward at times, but he's a man to have at your back in a crisis. Dr. Phlox is my favorite Trek doctor, although Dr. McCoy with his Southern charm is a close second. Those two have a great bedside manner. I'm not too fond of Trip on his own, but Shuttlepod One is one of my favorite episodes, Trip and Reed are great together.

Ensign Ellora Dannan likes this.
  8. Ensign Ellora Dannan

I agree that Reed is a bit awkward & shy with women BUT Dominic doesn't seem to have that problem. If you ever saw him at conventions, you know what I mean. Except it seems the women throw themselves at him or kiss him on the cheek and he loves it BUT I never see him doing this first to any of the women. Maybe he really is shy?? He doesn't initiate the contact, the women (fans) move on him first. Also, people who buy him drinks at the cons seem to get his attention. I think that's not good for his health. I think I would ask him first if he wants a drink or bring him water instead. Shuttle Pod One seems to be the best episode so far on Enterprise judging by the fans votes. It is my fave too but I have other episodes I like.

9. Gul Sengosts

Gul Sengosts Commander Red Shirt

T'Pol
    Trip
    Phlox

Uhura's Song and sekundant like this.
  10. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I’m not sure if I answered In thks thread but Phlox. I just love his optimism and how he healed people.

Willow and Ensign Ellora Dannan like this.
  11. Ensign Ellora Dannan

Phlox always had a good outlook on everyone - even the bad guys!

12. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just started watching these again. S1 is better than I recalled.

FC was Trip or Shran.

13. Ensign Ellora Dannan

Hang in There!!! Just like all the Star Trek series, some of the stories are slow but keep watching it gets better and better toward the last season!! Even the original Star Trek got booted off the air the first time out and then was re-instated because the fans demanded it be brought back. Wish this happened with Enterprise - I'm finding I like it better than all of the series because they even "filled" in some things questioned on the other shows and sometimes were the first to make contact with the Borg (even though they didn't know what they were!). So, hang in there and you'll see what I mean.

14. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A Mirror Darkly Archer, for me, he was so envious of a character and it boiled down to him seeing delusional mentors to encourage every motivation in his personal journey. He reminds me of a person who longed deserved a raise or a promotion and never received it; so when anyone gets any sort of reward, it would piss him off.

The irony to his story is when he's finally happy, accomplishing the fruits of victory, he's murdered by the woman he loved.

15. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Dr. Phlox. He's a healer who is compassionate, knowledgeable, engaging, and friendly.

16. Willow

Willow Captain Captain

Though Phlox isn’t my fave character on ENT (that would be LT Reed), he IS my favorite Trek doc for the reasons you gave. (I hold the writers responsible for Dear Doctor, and I’ve purged it from my head canon )

sekundant and Amaris like this.
  17. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Agreed, "Dear Doctor" is wildly inconsistent with his character.

Willow likes this.
  18. Walt

Walt Cadet Newbie

I like both T'Pol and Trip, who by the way grew up in my home town. Even though I'm an old man I have to say that T'Pol is my favorite due to Jolene's beauty. (You don't loose your appreciation for beautiful women s you age)

Thotch and Ensign Ellora Dannan like this.
  19. Ensign Ellora Dannan

True, Walt. But some of us gals are just not as beautiful on the outside. I believe men should start learning to appreciate a woman for her inner beauty. Its just not fair to compare all women with models, or actresses - even their beauty fades eventually.

20. Martok91189

Martok91189 Ensign Red Shirt

Shran: I've always loved Andorians but Shran came along and revealed more than I could have hoped about the Andorians as a people.

Ensign Ellora Dannan likes this.