What's your favorite Batman movie?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Lord Garth, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Mine are...

Live-Action --> Batman (1989)
    Animated --> Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Random_Spock likes this.
  2. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Under the Red Hood.

3. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

The 1966 one. I've not yet seen all of Mask of the Phantasm.

Of the serious live-action films, only the first Burton one comes close enough -- in my personal opinion -- to be good. But it's flawed as hell.

Lord Garth likes this.
  4. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

The 1966 film is fun.

I also like the serials from the '40s. They're both nutty and ridiculous, but I like them anyway.

5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Batman Returns
    Batman Begins
    Mask of the Phantasm

suarezguy and Random_Spock like this.
  6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

With all due respect to THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, which I was lucky enough to novelize, the 1989 movie is still my favorite.

Random_Spock and Lord Garth like this.
  7. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree, BATMAN (1989) movie.

my second choice is THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Dark Knight.

9. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Live Action: Batman 89.
    Animated: The Dark Knight Returns.

10. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I unreservedly love The Dark Knight, but I can't say I like any of the others.

Gaith likes this.
  11. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BATMAN RETURNS

The operatic, imaginative, highly artistic interpretation of The Batman & his word make it the only Batman movie I really care about ...

His knight-like armour is kind of cool and novel. The catwoman outfit is unsurpassed in coolness. It's got it all ... highly attractive, fetishistic, it's humourous (with the little, strategically-placed tears & obvious stitches <along with the little cat ears>). And contrasting her with the sexually desperate & "ghastly grotesque" Penguin was brilliant. Max Shrek was alright, too. The batmobile is supremely cool ... very masculine and powerful ... the perfect wheels for its intended driver. The city itself is really cool looking ... very dark and menacing ... and unreal, in the sense that it's obviously not real. It's a set of some kind, it's on a lot somewhere, it's not on location, as it were ... and I love that.

Otherwise, the only real gripe I have about it is the time-wasting plan The Penguin has of killing Gotham's firstborn. This isn't the kind of franchise, or movie, that's going to have us see kids getting slaughtered, so it's not even satisfying when The Bat appears as a shadow and puts the kibosh to it. Unlike, say, a nuclear weapon. We know that Gotham's not getting nuked out of existence, but if a baddy threatened to use one, the thing could still go off and blow up other areas, or whatever else that allows the thing to remain as an interesting threat, until the end. But otherwise, catwoman's random dropping off the radar for a while, until the movie's climax was kind of awkward, too. Despite these shortcomings, the Artistry of Batman Returns, the gorgeous cinematography and the classiness of the whole production is just so sweet. I don't really care for Tim Burton's 1989 Batman or the other movies out there. I'm not really into comicbook characters, to begin with ...

12. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Batman '89. It has my favorite Batman, my favorite Bruce Wayne, and my second favorite Bat-villain.

Lord Garth and Random_Spock like this.
  13. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Batman (89'). Both Batman and The Joker are good there and I love Alfred in it.

14. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As much as I enjoy The Dark Knight, I just really enjoy seeing Bruce become Batman in Batman Begins. Also, I enjoy Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul and Cillian Murphy as The Scarecrow. Here's my rankings for the rest:

1. Batman Begins
    2. The Dark Knight
    3. Batman
    4. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
    5. The Dark Knight Rises
    6. Batman Returns
    7. Batman Forever
    8. Batman & Robin

15. MatthewRodriguez48

MatthewRodriguez48 Ensign Newbie

I like the Dark Knight the best. Batman Returns was pretty good too. I liked the Penguin played by Danny Devito.

bigdaddy likes this.
  16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

The Dark Knight Rises (although Batman Forever is a close second).

I love TDKR; as good as both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are, I honestly feel like TDKR takes most of the things that were great about those films and just ups the game with Bane, Selina, and Talia and bringing the League of Shadows.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

My top three... (Not in any order)

Batman Returns
    The Dark Knight
    60s

Loved the 60s one as a kid, and Batman Returns, which is so not a movie made for a 7 year old. :lol:

Lord Garth likes this.
  18. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I have to go with Batman (1989). As for animated, I would have to go with Batman Beyond Return Of The Joker.

Of course the 1966 movie and 1940's theatrical serials are also interesting.

The one Batman movie that I really don't like is Superman vs. Batman. That was a pathetic and boring movie.

19. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Dark Knight. It's my favorite Batman movie without a doubt, but It's not really one of my favorite films of all time like it is some people's.

20. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Batman 89 all the way, probably followed by Begins. I like each of the animated films too, but each has its own set of problems.

And I find The Dark Knight to be a long-winded, self-indulgent didactic shit show held together by one of the best performances of the last 20 years. Really, remove Ledger and it's easily Nolan's worst film. Easily.

gblews likes this.