What would be your dream rock concert line-up?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by I am not Spock, Apr 23, 2008.

1. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

I read a recent interview with Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford in 'Metal Hammer' magazine, in which he said Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden on the same bill would be incredible! Amen to that. If that ever happened, it would be fantastic. Halford said it wouldn't even matter which one was headlining!

What rock bands (active or former) would you love to see play together, on the same concert bill? I lean towards the heavy metal/ hard rock side of the spectrum, so I reckon the Four Horsemen of Thrash all together on the same stage would be a dream. (Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax) But I know that will never happen. (Dave Mustaine has had very public spats with Lars Ulrich and Kerry King for many years now)

I must confess to being a bit of a johnny-come-lately when it comes to rock. I was born in '82, so I really wish I was alive to see Priest open for Led Zep back in the late Seventies. Or for that matter, that famous concert in 78 where Van Halen (the support act) completely smoked Black Sabbath (the headliners)!

Two bands I'd love to see play on the same concert bill are the afore-mentioned Zeppelin and Sabbath. They're two of my favourite bands, and I can't believe that despite being contemporaries of each other, and both hailing from Birmingham, they never once played on the same bill together. I would insist that it was the original Sabbath line-up though (Iommi, Ozbourne, Butler, Ward) and the classic Zep line-up (Page, Plant, Jones, Bonham). Jason Bonham is not bad, but he is not quite his father!

2. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pink Floyd and Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree) playing 3 hours of instrumentals.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

I just wish I could have seen the Beatles play live, or to sit around and watch them record, or something like that. I don't really care who else would be on the program, as long as they were the headliners. :D

5. I am not Spock

Yeah (sigh). I wish I was born when the Beatles were touring.

6. I am not Spock

I'd go and see that! :)

7. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Sir, you win the Internet!

A Monsters of Rock style line-up:

Led Zeppelin - Iron Maiden - AC/DC

8. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Well, Led Zep are playing again, think I read somewhere about either more touring or a new album. You never know.

So, Zep, Deep Purple, Police, Rush, Hawkwind, Aerosmith, The Who, Queen + Paul Rodgers, Nightwish and (for a more contemporary touch) Muse - all great live show bands, over a three day long weekend festival, with various support acts.

That would be a festival, don't you think?

9. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I think I'd like to go to a festival that would span the decades...although that would require certain people who are now dead to come back to life :p .

Here's who I'd like to see in my fantasy rock festival:

50's: Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly
    60's: The Beatles, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Judy Collins, Mamas & the Papas, Simon & Garfunkel
    70's: The Eagles, Led Zepplin, Fleetwood Mac, James Taylor, Santana, Bob Seger, Dan Fogelberg
    80's: Bruce Springsteen, The Police, Queen, Aerosmith, Journey, Prince & the Revolution, REM, U2
    90's - today: Bon Jovi, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Guns & Roses, Counting Crows, 10,000 Maniacs, Stone Temple Pilots, The Black Crows, Hootie & the Blowfish, Matchbox 20, The Goo Goo Dolls, Alanis Morissette

As I said - only in my dreams. :lol:

10. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A bill in this order:

Dandy Warhols
    Oasis
    The Kinks
    Beatles

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay, here's a real rock lineup:

Dire Straits
    The Alan Parsons Project (with both Alan Parsons *and* Eric Woolfson)

12. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not rock, but my dream concert lineup of today would be Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Brooks & Dunn, and Vince Gill.

13. Hitman

Hitman Vice Admiral Admiral

In order, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Sepultura (with Max), Pantera, and Metallica. The concert would last a week, but...

14. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

Led Zeppelin by itself is good enough. Someone besides Zepp? I don't know. Deep Purple maybe.

Judas Priest also once headlined for Led Zeppelin in 1977. In their last American show.