What Scene Drives You Crazy

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Spock's Barber, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

Whoops, sorry. :techman:

JonnyQuest037 likes this.
  2. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Kirk didn't have the time for mirror Marlena, he should have made the time!!! :p
    JB

Spock's Barber and JonnyQuest037 like this.
  3. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, he certainly didn't seem happy about it. Just the look on his face as he says, "I've got to go" says it all. :lol:

johnnybear likes this.
  4. johnnybear

Maybe he was scared because she was oiling her traps, Darling! :techman:
    JB

5. GNDN18

GNDN18 270 Rear Admiral

Kirk with his feet on the desk. We needed more of this.
    [​IMG]

Spocko, Gary7, Phaser Two and 2 others like this.
  6. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Its not really a scene but in 'Devil in the Dark' they call the Enterprise in after 50 deaths or something.
    Would they really wait that long?

7. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There were only a dozen starships in those days - this might have been the first opportunity for the colony to contact them

8. C57D

C57D Guest

But her day is most certainly NOT over !

9. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

I want to be the Captain! ;)

johnnybear likes this.
  10. johnnybear

Wouldn't we all if we could have a woman like Marlena? :drool:
    JB

Spock's Barber likes this.
  11. CAPTRousseau

CAPTRousseau Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I've always wondered about that..Starfleet personnel always face forward (toward the transporter operator) when they beam up. However, others end up facing in different directions. (I'm thinking Tomorrow is Yesterday)

Something I would have changed if I were producing is to have the security people face outward if beaming into an unknown, or possibly hostile situation.

12. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

I've always wondered if Marlena actually said "Only my traps, darling," which makes a small amount of sense. I just can't quite believe that "oiling my traps" was both in the script and got past the censors. :D

13. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

In the episode "The Ultimate Computer", it baffled me to no end why NOBODY thought of trying to use a shuttle craft, with the Enterprise basically inert. It wasn't devoid of power... just a few systems down like communications. Certainly a shuttle craft has its own autonomous communication system. All someone had to do was climb into one and use the communications system to talk with the Lexington. Being in a hangar deck shouldn't block outgoing signals.

Spocko likes this.
  14. UnknownSample

UnknownSample Commodore Commodore

Couldn't M5 have prevented that? Can't it control anything electronic? Like doors?

johnnybear likes this.
  15. Gary7

They were still able to move about the ship. When M5 shut itself down, Scotty was able to have shields ready but communications would take longer (valuable time they didn't have). So entering the hangar deck and a shuttle craft should've been very feasible to do. A plot moment that would help avert this "easy save" would've been M5 depressurizing the hangar deck and all the shuttle crafts would've been lost into space. It could have done that during it's moments of shutting off power to multiple decks, to conserve power.

16. Gary7

"SPOCK'S BRAIN"

The "operation" to restore Spock's brain. His head is situated into an orifice that surrounds the top 1/3rd of his skull. WTF? There's nothing to be done on the top of the brain... it's all at the base, where it interfaces with the spinal column. THAT is where the brain to body linkage is.

What they should have done was have Spock sitting upright, and the whole back half of his head encased into an alcove where McCoy would be operating behind it. They could have used the same set props... just cut out an alcove to accommodate Spock.

Seeing that operation take place with just the upper part of Spock's head just makes me cringe with extreme implausibility.

17. Spock's Barber

I cringe when Spock-o starts to talk during the operation. :eek:

Gary7 likes this.
  18. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Even though I hate to give this scene the dignity of analysis, how did Spock know how to operate anyway?

Hadn't his brain already been removed from the controller knowledge, wasn't the heating, lighting and water already failing as the operation was taking place ?

19. Spock's Barber

Exactly. I know he's a super intelligent Vulcan, but.....

20. Gary7

Spock is extremely intelligent and I think he has supreme powers of memory retention. Thus, his experience in his role as controller for the vast civilization probably gave him significant knowledge that he'd retain for years to come. I can somewhat believe that... just not surgery to reconnect the brain happening from the top of the head!