What places, races, or things would you like to see in Star Trek again?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Gingerbread Demon, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon You can't mesmerize me I'm British Premium Member

are there any places, races we have seen, or things you would like to see again in any future Star Trek?

One I would love to see again is whatever happened to the exocomps, and the planet where they dumped Wesley's nanites so they would evolve. I really would love to know what happened to that planet.

2. Finn

Finn Admiral Admiral

That pre-industrial world Archer visited, or the post-industrial one where they used a Suliban pod to escape.

By Picard's time, the latter could be warp capable, and the former should be post-industrial at least.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  3. 1001001

1001001 Pull Up a Groove and Get Fabulous! Moderator

That should be a hint...

;)

4. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it would've been cool to see the Bynars again. They got a cool introduction in "11001001", but then they never brought them back again.

DEWLine and Orphalesion like this.
  5. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Peanut Hamper was in Starfleet

dupersuper, DEWLine and Orphalesion like this.
  6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

You and your time travel shenanigans...

7. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Annoyed by inappropriate use of the word "Need"
    Capella.

JonnyQuest037 likes this.
  8. SJGardner

SJGardner Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm still hoping I get to see someday how Cardassia rebuilds and reinvents itself after the Dominion War. Okay, there are novels, but I'm still curious how it would be portrayed in live action. 23rd century Cardassia might be interesting as well, but I think a far future depiction would be far too removed from the events that could lead to really interesting story hooks. I also wonder if Weyoun 4 was right and the Dominion is still going strong in the 32nd century.

ThreeEdgedSword, DarKush and DEWLine like this.
  9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Cardassians. They showed up as background in DSC Season 3, but I want actual character(s)

DarKush likes this.
  10. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Xindi coalition: what's happened with them across the centuries since Archer's time?

DarKush likes this.
  11. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

12. Relayer1

Relayer1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Xindi, Suliban... I didn't really like them. But I would like to know what happened to them.

13. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

Iotians (gangster planet). We may see them again if they ever make the Tarantino Trek movie.

14. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would not want to leave them to the mercies of Mr. Tarantino.

15. Gingerbread Demon

He likes feet

16. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Quite a lot of species I would like to see again:
    Tholians, Gorn, neural parasites, "Schism" aliens, "Silent Enemy" aliens, "Fight or Flight" aliens, Vaadwaur, Voth, Swarm, Suliban, Xindi, Son'a, Remans, Caitians (live action), Iconians (Star Trek Online version), Tzenkethi (Star Trek Online version), Hur'q (Star Trek Online version), Kzinti, Deltans, Efrosians, Rhaandarites, more The Motion Picture aliens, Roylans, Dominion, Hunters, Hirogen, Species 8472

For people:
    Catching up with the rest of the TNG cast and also the DS9 & VOY casts, TOS cast, Saavik, Daniels, Braxton, Arex, M'Ress, Xon, characters from ST: Early Voyages comic on Strange New Worlds, an Andorian cast member on Strange New Worlds (Thelin perhaps?), Robert April, Tryla Scott, Shelby, Mackenzie Calhoun & crew canonized in some way.

Starships:
    USS Stargazer (some flashback scenes in ST: Picard season 2, with the Stargazer novel characters canonized)
    USS Challenger (with Captain Geordi LaForge)
    USS Aventine
    USS Emmett Till
    USS Verity (though I would like them to hold off on making it an Odyssey and more so a forerunner of that class)
    Daedalus-class
    Luna-class (in live action)
    Merian-class
    Steamrunner-class
    Saber-class
    Akira-class
    Nova-class

Stations:
    Frontier-class station made live-action

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  17. Gingerbread Demon

I want to see more of the USS Relativity if she or a future version of her exists.

What species were the two girls Kirk was with in the movie Into Darkness which had long tails?

18. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

19. Gingerbread Demon

20. Max G

Max G Ensign Red Shirt

I'd like to see the Andorians again, or were they killed off entirely? For them and Denobulans (Enterprise) to be one of the first species Starfleet/the Federation had contact with they sure don't appear often. I haven't watched Discovery, Picard, or Lower Decks so let me know if something happened to them in canon. I liked their design and their breadth as a species, especially the Andorians and their subspecies.
    Same for the Elaysians (DS9 episode "Melora") since I think their home planet would be very interesting to create visually. Floating streams of water, animals able to turn and attack you from almost any direction, not to mention flying, it would be great to see, especially since they rarely leave their homeworld.
    I believe language/cultural variety within planets could be greatly improved upon in Star Trek. I remember in the episode Dear Doctor (enterprise) the crew were shocked to find out that there were two languages on the planet (and thus automatically in their minds two species) when on Earth alone we're one species and we've got over 2000 languages and that's only counting the ones that still exist and have more than a couple hundred speakers. Sure we beat out those other species, but what's to say that if they still existed that they wouldn't just speak the language invented in the region? That never sat right with me and I began to notice that Star Trek tends to over-simplify other planets when it comes to culture and language. I think the most linguistically different language (from most of the ones spoken on earth in the real world today) was probably the Tamarians' (TNG) phrasal language. I found it so interesting, I've rewatched clips of that episode on youtube over and over again wishing we could see more of them, and not only them, but different types of languages represented in Star Trek.
    When it was first announced, I was hoping Star Trek Prodigy would be about starfleet academy, but from what I've now gathered it seems to be red squad(DS9): dark mode.
    Last thing, for us to have some pretty smart quadrupeds and marine animals in the real world and for Star Trek to focus most of its attention on bipeds is a real loss, I wanna see more fish that can communicate.