What is some of the grosses things you have seen in a comic book movie?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jayson1, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Most comic book movies are usually PG-13 so their are limits to what one can do and even the R-rated ones are usually kind of safe. Are their any moments though that felt gross. Both in a good or bad way. Big fan "Evil Dead" and over-the-top gore and I know some aren't so it's all in the eye of the poster in how to respond. I can only think of a few:

1 The pee in the jar in "Batman vs Superman"

2 The head eating in "Venom"

3 Penguin biting the noise of the guy "or was it the lady?" in Batman 2 way back in the day.

Jason

2. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Thor and Thor: The Dark World.

Nerys Myk likes this.
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Comic book movies are generally pretty tame, so I really can't think of anything off hand I'd call gross. The only R-rated ones I've seen recently are Logan and Deadpool, and my memory of them isn't clear enough to remember any really stand out gross moments.

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a lot of gross stuff in the Blade movies. If you include tv there was a really gross thing in last week's Doom Patrol. I had to cover my eyes.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Are we counting the church bloodbath in KINGSMAN?

RPOW0614 likes this.
  6. Jayson1

The Kingsman stuff would count if that was based on a comic book. I didn't know it was based on comics if it was.

Jason

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Kingsman is a comic book.

Greg Cox likes this.
  8. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Do Japanese comic book movies count? There's quite a lot of blood and gore to find there.

9. Jayson1

Yep they count. Also when you get down to it you also got Walking Dead. Which I feel has so many options I don't know where to begin. So I guess I will go with the big one. The death of Glenn and the eye thing.

Jason

10. Harpsichord

Harpsichord Commander Red Shirt

If we're counting anime then the 3rd Berserk movie has to rank pretty high. Friend of mine screened all three after hours at the theater he worked at. I was not expecting that third movie lol

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't think of TWD since it's a TV show, not a movie, but if we're counting it then it definitely gets very gross on a regular basis. It's come close to running me off before, but I enjoy the characters and story enough to stick with it.
    One of the big ones for me was the well walker back at the Greene farm in season 2.

12. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

And demonic elf trying to rape a teenage girl (and did so successfully) in "Elves". In order to spawn the Nazi master race of super elves.

You think I made that shit up, don't you? No!

13. Jayson1

I have never heard of that movie or comic book. I will make a guess for what year it came out just by random and tell if I am close or way off. 1985.

Jason

14. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I never heard of it either but you're not far off; Wikipedia says 1989. And looky, it's finally another role for Deanna Lund from Land of the Giants!

15. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think I'm inordinately sensitive to 9/11-esque imagery - I didn't have any problem with the mayhem of The Avengers - but the toppling building sequences of Transformers 3 and Man of Steel made me queasy: the former for turning a collapsing skyscraper into a visceral thrill ride, and the latter for sheer, deadening excess.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was just going to mention that, my gag reflex actually kicked in watching it.
    The Beard Hunter eats a clump of hair he extracted from the sink drain.

17. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If the OP meant a "traditional" comic book movie...when someone got their throat slit in X Men Apocalypse...we had brought 2 6-year olds and were not anticipating that at all..especially compared to previous movies ( not including Wolverine)...so gross compared to expectations

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Batnipples

theenglish likes this.
  19. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But wasn't that movie rated PG-13??

20. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I always found the bit where young magneto crushes those soldiers helmets quite disturbing in x men first class.