What happened to David R George III

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by ryan123450, Jul 22, 2021.

1. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Commodore Commodore

There were also moments of that in Cogswell & Spano's Spock: Messiah (I was 14 at the time I read that one, and I think a lot of the *ahem* blue material went over my head, and so did a lot of the racism and sexism).

2. casey

casey Commander Red Shirt

The McCoy book was a wonderful book. It easily earned a place in my to ten list of trek books. Even if the name escapes me at the moment . . .

DS9forever and STMSTS like this.
  3. STMSTS

STMSTS Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Agree - Crucible: McCoy Provenance of Shadows is easily in my top ten, too. Serpents Amongst the Ruins might also crack my top ten. I enjoyed Twilight and One Constant Star a great deal too. The Long Mirage has been sitting unread for awhile, as the two preceding DS9 novels were solid (and I liked the Typhon Pact duology) but I share the feelings of others here and struggled with drift away from the remaining DS9 tv characters. I have not read all of the DS9 relaunch (which includes the one Star Trek book I have never finished) but most of it, and part of the fun was seeing the characters we knew not only change, but react to the new characters…it just felt like the balance was off. For example, I didn’t really understand bringing O’Brien back and never having him really involved in any aspect of the main story…

DS9forever likes this.
  4. Damian

Damian Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fate of the Phoenix was the worse IMO of the two. I had a hard time keeping everything straight and I actually got to the point I stopped caring. The only reason I managed to finish it was this obsession of mine to finish a book I start. As Christopher has pointed out M&C do bring up some interesting plot avenues but never develop them and just leave a bunch of dangling storylines. And they seemed to like an S&M style oppressed Kirk who's dominated by other men. The characters all seemed very off making it worse

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

There are also Easter eggs to represent all 22 episodes of Filmation's TAS.

Damian and ryan123450 like this.
  6. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember there's a reference to the Treaty of Sirius ("The Slaver Weapon"), early in Spock, I think.

Therin of Andor likes this.
  7. Brefugee

Brefugee Living the Irish dream. Premium Member

So what is this book in question that's being grandstanded about?

8. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Speak of the devil! ;) Just saw this link on the Literally Trek Facebook page:

Live in 100 mins:
    The Scottish Trekker presents: A discussion with writer David R. George III, who has written multiple Star Trek novels, contributed to the official Star Trek Magazine, and co-wrote the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Prime Factors". Click on the link:

9. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Premium Member

Therin, great catch! Thanks for finding that!

Therin of Andor likes this.
  10. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Based on the end of that video, I’m hoping we’ll be hearing news of a new DRGIII novel soon.

11. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I like that he is a big Kira fan.

Jarvisimo and Reanok like this.
  12. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

Crucible: McCoy got me reading Trek novels again after a very long hiatus. I'd jumped ship during the Arnold Protectorate, but picked this book up during the hype period for the 2009 film, and was wowed. While the middle volume makes some choices that I would not, I think the Crucible trilogy is some of the best work in the Treklit universe.

13. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

David R.George has written some sci fi e-book novels I saw listed on Amazon.com.