What are you watching???

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by HaventGotALife, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

I know what I WON'T be watching, season 2 of Another Life. Netflix started teasing the new season. When you were a kid, when you saw your first movie that took you to another land or realm or planet and it blew your mind, did you ever try to write your own similar story when you got home? Another Life reminds me of a kid writing a story after seeing a big sci fi movie for the first time but didn't understand writing techniques, story structure, character or any of the movie's concepts, and then Netflix shot it without making any changes.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Captain pl1ngpl0ng likes this.
  2. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

Captain pl1ngpl0ng Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ :lol:

edit: finished "the wire", started Sopranos again, really a fabulous series!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  3. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

4. dupersuper

dupersuper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yesterday was Superman & Lois, Flash, Loki and Final Space, plus a Certifiably Endgame Star Trek Online walkthrough and a bunch of Youtube.

5. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Watched Loki last night. Lot of fun:)

KennyB likes this.
  6. gazomg

gazomg Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

watching a run through of Waking the Dead.....superb show

Stars Trevor Eve...father of Alice Eve from trek, other former trek actors that appeared include Alexander Siddig, Michelle Forbes, and Alice Krige

7. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Went out to AMC Tyler earlier tonight for an early access screening of Hitman's WIfe's Bodyguard. It was pretty fun, I enjoyed it.

Watching Those Who Wish Me Dead via HBO Max now, since I think I dozed off when I was watching it at the theater a few weeks ago...

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I'm still watching Breaking Bad, but I saw the third season episode "Fly" tonight. I was reading reviews saying it was boring and it's the lowest rated episode of the series. I thought it was a tense psychological thriller. I don't mean that in a literal sense, but we really got deep into Walt's psyche here, and I thought it was so much better than the other Walt/Jesse only episode where they get stranded in the RV. Cranston was amazing with his monologue. Sometimes, the budget saving bottle episodes are the best because it forces the actors to really give it their all. Some of my favorite episodes of Trek were the bottle shows for the same reason.

9. Bornin1980something

Bornin1980something Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The new season of 9-1-1 finally comes to my country tomorrow, along with Lone Star. The wait has been driving me round the bend!

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yesterday, I watched "In the Heights," and really enjoyed it. Finished WandaVision awhile back and hubby and I are almost done with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

11. tomalak301

I apologize for saying anything bad about Breaking Bad. I just started season 4, and this show is insane. That scene at the end with Jesse was some of Paul's best work, and then the long scene in the first episode of Season 4 with what Gus did was crazy. That was probably a 5 minute scene that was tense as hell, and it felt longer. I'm starting to see why this series is critically acclaimed, finally. Patience is a virtue and now I'm definitely being rewarded for staying with it.

12. auntiehill

Watching a few episodes of Supernatural, season 4.

13. dupersuper

dupersuper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I recently finished season 4 of Castlevania.

14. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Loki 'The Variant', second episode of the series, via Disney+.

15. John Clark

Ditto.

Possibly continue with Line of Duty Season 1 (Dvd) later or Harrow.

od0_ital likes this.
  16. auntiehill

I LOVE Line of Duty. Can't wait to see the new season--but it will be awhile, since I don't have Acorn.

17. John Clark

It's been quite a few years since I've seen the first season though without going into spoilers, I sort of wished I'd rewatched all of them before the season that just aired here (Six) if only to refresh my memory.

18. Zod

Zod Captain Captain

I am watching Loki. I like it alot, watching each episode multiple times. Overall I am watching some shows that didn't get much of a chance.

Space 1999, watching a carefully thought out fan sorted order which keeps things making sense a little more.

https://moonbasealpha.fandom.com/wiki/Andrew_Kearley_Suggested_Order

I am also watching Space Above and Beyond for the first time and a re-watch as part of my B5 watching of Babylon 5 Crusade.

19. tomalak301

Is Space Above and Beyond streaming some place? I wouldn't mind revisiting that series, and a lot of the other lesser known series that came out in the 90s.

dupersuper likes this.
  20. Zod

Zod Captain Captain

I just checked and here in the US I could not find it streaming anywhere. Amazon has it listed at an outrageous price. I saw on ebay some $15-20 used dvds. I've had the DVD since 2006 or 2007 and it just sat there collecting dust till last week.

tomalak301 likes this.