What are you doing at this moment?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RunningValkyrie, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Latin for "left" is "sinister". So obviously they're being whisked away to the mirror universe.

Gary Mitchell, Kilana2 and Butters like this.
  2. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Coffee time, before I take the wife to work. I foresee a day of snoozing on the sofa.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  3. Butters

Multitasking. Signing up to Allotment waiting lists and boiling eggs.

Sibyl likes this.
  4. Butters

Brewing a pot of earl grey and cooking sausage and chips for lunch. After that, I’ll make a fresh loaf of bread and a beefy yom casserole, for tonight.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  5. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

Planning out my shop.

I think I finally have a decent enough design for a panel saw worked out, thanks to a product I just discovered last night. I believe I've also come up with a design for a table saw extension that would make it really easy for one person to cut a 4x8 sheet of wood, even at an angle.

Now I need to come up with a flip-top miter saw/thickness planer workbench. Two power tools in one workbench.

That coffee table/dual cat fort and my bed will finally get made, along with a wall-mounted scratching post and whatever else I come up with. Oh, yeah, my mom's cat food tray, too. Her little robot vacuum kept running over her current tray and spilling food/water.

I told her I had a chunk of walnut for that tray. Oops, it's hickory.

I finally get to use the birthday present she gave me last year to create that tray, too.

Gary Mitchell, Avro Arrow and Butters like this.
  6. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I am soaking in a warm bath.

Sibyl and Butters like this.
  7. RunningValkyrie

RunningValkyrie Captain Captain

I’m getting ready for the movies.

Sibyl and Butters like this.
  8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Planning in my head the turkey sandwich I'm gonna have for dinner.

Sibyl likes this.
  9. Butters

Stressing about everything. I’m not well, need to get the wife to the station. Eldest is ill and had to fetch him from school. Need to go shopping for calpol and my own prescription, and something for dinner tonight. Need to speak to my employer and chase the union. Just want to sleep.

10. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope your day ends better than it started.

Butters likes this.
  11. Butters

Perusing the takeaway menu.

12. Butters

At my favourite beauty spot. Looking out across the mudflats of the bay. The fog is obscuring the horizon, it’s like looking in to infinity.

Avro Arrow and Sibyl like this.
  13. Sibyl

As it appears I'm fully committed to my new renderer (Corona Renderer), I'm doing my best to learn the ins and outs of it.

I'm also about to install a trial of an image-based lighting solution.

Butters likes this.
  14. Sibyl

Strike that. No trial version. I'll need to wait for my next paycheck to order that image lighting program.

Seems pretty powerful, though.

15. Sibyl

Much troubleshooting.

Turns out that PSU cables are proprietary. I didn't realize that and tried to use one of my old PSU's cables for my newer PSU. Nope. I needed a couple more SATA power connections and couldn't find me newer PSU's box that would presumably have another cable or two.

Well, finally found that box and I had one more SATA power cable with two connectors on it. Good enough for now. It would be nice if I had just one more so I could connect my last remaining hard drive (ancient Maxtor drive).

So...what I'm doing right now is transferring files from three 500GB drives to my 4TB NAS drive (I could have sworn I had two, but there was only one in the NAS) and I'm going to set those 500GB drives up in RAID0. I will back up the files I write to it (4k screen videos captures), but I need the write speed of RAID0 on three drives.

I'm also recovering long-lost information from one of those two Maxtor drives I have. Looks like it'll be at least another hour until the first is recovered.

16. Gen. Jack O'Neill

Gen. Jack O'Neill Commodore Commodore

Watching 2010 The Year We Make Contact.

17. Sibyl

Getting ready to head out to my mom's house to "help" her with her new couch delivery this morning.

I plan to do as little heavy-lifting as possible and let the delivery people do all the work.

My back just hasn't been up to the task lately and putting a lot of pressure on my foot has been swelling it up to the point of being painful lately. Yesterday I had to stand in two lines for a total of almost an hour and my foot and ankle were screaming at me.

18. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Writing applications for a new job. It's tiresome and leads to only few results.

Sibyl likes this.
  19. Butters

Perusing online recipes for food stuffs I wouldn’t normally consider edible. I’m really not myself at all,

Avro Arrow and Sibyl like this.
  20. Sibyl

My housemate is in the same position. He's craving foods he normally despises. I told him that it's probably his body telling him there are nutrients that he doesn't generally get that it wants.