We want FOREVER on CBS All Access w/ Trek. Fan of both? You can help!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trip's still my guy, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Trip's still my guy

Trip's still my guy Ensign Newbie

I am a fellow Trekker/Trekkie, TNG & ENT & the new one with @SirPatStew whenever it comes out. In fact, that announcement is what brought me to this moment. I have been the leading voice in the campaign to save the TV show FOREVER, for 3.5yrs now. FOREVER ran for one season in 2014-15 on ABC. It was cancelled because ABC didn't own it -- not because of poor ratings. We have been trying to find it a new home, network or streaming service, where Season 2 & many more seasons would be produced.

The Picard Announcement introduced me to CBS All-Access. (I didn't want to watch ST: Discovery, so I paid no attention to where it aired.) A DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD interview with CBS All Access people, told me what they were looking for their streaming service. FOREVER was meant for streaming. It's +7DVR ratings were consistently great & they raised the 18-49 key demographic numbers in their time slot by 70% & held it. It's a show people watch over & over because it's so well-layered with storylines.

Being a story about an immortal medical examiner, I suspect a lot of Trek people might have checked it out. If FOREVER has fans in the Star Trek fandom, I'm asking for their help. We are approaching CBS All Access in hopes that they will pick-up Dr Henry Morgan's long, life story. There will be a BIG FOREVER TWEETING & POSTING EVENT this coming weekend, Sept. 21-23. We are celebrating the anniversary of the Pilot airing on Sept. 22, 2014. Fri. night will be a Watch Party of the Pilot (available for free on [cwseed.com]). Sat. & Sun. will be tweeting & posting to the CBS All Access Facebook page. There will be interactive polls & FOREVER trivia questions every hour on Sat & Sun.

We need to make big numbers to get the attention of CBS All Access. We've been an active fandom, but people have given up & drifted away, the longer it's been. Every time one of the actors got another show, people left. Our last three events had little participation at all. I feel like this is our last shot. Netflix has never responded in 3.5yrs of asking, begging, calling, etc. Hulu doesn't have the budget to produce a show like FOREVER. (The quality, at every level, is extraordinary.) We've tried everywhere we could find. No one ever suggested CBS All Access & I hadn't heard of it.

Also, I need to step down from leading the group. I honestly don't know if anyone will step up to continue the campaign. If not, I want to go out with our best effort on what might be our last shot. With the history of Trek, I'm sure you can understand where we are at this point.

I've written a letter to Julie McNamara, Head of Original Content at CBS All Access. I'd like to share with you, the final paragraphs:

"FOREVER, like STAR TREK, is a fictional universe that was not recognized by the masses, or the network executives, at first viewing. It consists of many stories with lessons about life, strength, hope, and becoming better people. Those of us who believe so strongly in this show, have been working for years to save it. Under CBS All Access, Warner Brothers, and Matt Miller, FOREVER could continue its mission of telling the long, life-story of Dr Henry Morgan, Immortal.

Please Ms McNamara, in the words of the legendary Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, MAKE IT SO."

If there are FOREVER fans here too, will you please help me help my show?

FOREVER
    Created by Matt Miller
    Owned by Warner Brothers
    Starring: Ioan Gruffudd, Alana De La Garza, Judd Hirsch, Joel David Moore, Donnie Kershawarz, Lorraine Toussaint, Mackenzie Mauzy & Burn Gorman.
    Available: Amazon Prime, [cwseed.com] (free)
    IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3487382/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Thank you for your time & consideration

Live long & prosper,

Cathy Carey
    [ccmaetc1@gmail,com]
    Twitter: @CathyCarey311
    Facebook: Forever Fans group & Forever group
    Old Trek names: tripsmyguy (TMG) & Triptacular
    ( I even have a credit in TREKKIES 2.)

Astra likes this.
  2. Trip's still my guy

[​IMG] 4d2yqo7e.jpg-large.jpeg

3. Trip's still my guy

Current details for our event, are as follows:

Sept. 21 FOREVER Pilot, watch party

Sept. 22-23 Tweeting: Details below
    Posting: to CBS All Access Facebook pg, [https://www.facebook.com/CBSAllAccess/]

Targets: @CBSAllAccess @WarnerBrosENT @warnerbrostv (DO NOT USE @ForeverABC)
    Hashtags: #AddForeverCBSAA #AllAccessFOREVER

Final details to come....

4. Kerock

Kerock Commander Red Shirt

Oh Forever 2014.....whew at first I thought you were talking Forever 2018. Yes Forever 2014 was great.

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it, and wouldn't mind seeing it again, just not sure this is happening. It's been a while, and the leads are all off working on other things. Don't know that it has the cult status to draw the actors back in, didn't last long enough for them to want to do it as a labor of love, etc. A couple years ago while it was freshly cancelled, maybe, but 4 years later? Think this one's gone. Things that come back after being gone this long are usually things that were huge hits at the time (so have nostalgia going for them), or reboots after being gone longer. Feel like if it's not saved immediately (Lucifer, Designated Survivor, etc) it's probably not going to make it back.

Good luck though, I'd watch again!

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Found it about equally enjoyable with New Amsterdam (8-9 years ago, not the new Doc show). Similar premise except he was a cop instead of a M.E. Of course, that guy ended up doing ok on this other little show he's done for HBO, so I think he's all set with that role. Then again, only 1 more season, and filming has wrapped, so maybe he's looking for work? :lol:

7. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd love to see the show come back but I think it's been gone too long and everyone has probably moved on to other things. I too was bummed this show got killed after one season.

8. Trip's still my guy

Ioan is the only one who is not available right now. Join us this weekend & tweet or post on FB asking CBS All Access to pick it up. All of the main characters have said they would love to make more FOREVER. The show was about HOPE & my groups have had it for 3.5 yrs. It won't hurt anyone to give it the best chance we can give it. Remember, Trek came back after A LOT longer.

9. Trip's still my guy

The Watch Party is tonight on Twitter, at [#ForeverPilot_USA], NO @ address, just the hashtag. It starts at 10pm (EST), 7pm (Pacific time). Watch the pilot any way you want, DVD, [cwseed.com], Amazon Prime, just start at the same time. Use the hashtag in your comments. Enjoy!!!

10. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

Pete Hamill’s novel Forever from many years ago has a similar premise. It was really good and I had expected the show to reflect the novel some. It doesn’t really.

11. Trip's still my guy

No, it had nothing to do with Hamill's book. Matt Miller got the idea from a conversation about death with his then, very young son.