We have lost TrekBBS moderator Mallory.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by T'Bonz, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

He was a great man and I'm going to miss him. It was a privilege to know him in the capacity I did, and I admired his fight. And in his way, he won.

Godspeed, Mal.

2. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

OMG. What horrible, sad news! I am complete shock. My deepest condolences to his family. This is so very sad.

3. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

I just recently came back to tbbs... and it breaks my heart to hear that we've lost Mallory. :( Rest in peace.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

When I saw the thread title, I was hoping Mallory had simply stepped down as Moderator. So sad to see that I was wrong.

5. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Rest in peace, Mal. You will be missed more than I can say.

:mallory:

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Mallory fought his battles with courage and with an incredibly reasonable attitude. He never let himself get beat down with negativity, and he treated everyone with respect. My friendship with him made me a better person, and I already miss him so much.

Bless you, Mal. I'm sure that right now, you're being the same chill dude that you were when you were with us. :mallory: I really miss you, man.

7. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I never knew him all that well, but everything I remember was of a nice person.

What I remember most is that avatar based on Saving Private Ryan...I know it's not much, but that avatar always made a strong impression on me for some reason.

8. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

Wow...just saw this from both McSpammer and T'Bonz at the same time. Damn. I...there really aren't any words.

Not much I can say except RIP, Mallory.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

My condolences to Mallory's family and friends.

10. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mallory and I always had a very lighthearted and fun competitive spirit in all the races that Elim started in the Admirals' Lounge. What a great guy. We had quite a lot of laughs. :)

My thoughts had been going to him for a while now, ever since I noticed his absence from the board. I was hoping he could win his battle for a third time. I was really rooting for him and hoping to see him back soon. :(

May he rest in peace, and never be forgotten. :mallory:

11. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

R.I.P. Mallory, you will be sorely missed. :(

12. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid I wasn't even aware that he was ill, so this was very shocking for me. He was such a feature of this place, even to those of us who haven't been here too long. My sympathies to those of you who had the privilege of knowing him better than I did. I know he had many friends, and will be sorely missed.

13. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. Got me in the solar plexus - not the kind of news you want to log-on to read. May he rest in peace. My deepest condolences to his family.

Someone pointed out his recent absence to me, and we wondered about his health... I wasn't too concerned, he complained so little, I thought things must have been going well for him. Very sad to hear that wasn't the case. An admirable soul - he handled tragedy with a lot of dignity. I shall miss him. :mallory:

14. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

I've been lost for words ever since I learned this news.

All I can say is that Mallory was a truly remarkable person. He was funny, courageous, inspirational, witty, warm, compassionate, thoughtful and genuine. He always had a kind word for anyone who needed it - even when he was facing great difficulties in his battle with illness, he was always among the first to try to help someone around here who was in need.

He always spoke with great love for and pride in his family. I offer my sincere condolences to them for their loss.

I'll miss him very, very much.

Requiescat in pace, Mallory. :mallory:

15. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

The thing I remember about Mallory is how proud he was of his kids and his constant good humor, even when speaking of his past health challenges. My sincerest condolences to his family, who I know were a great source of joy.

16. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I didn't know Mallory well... We didn't usually travel in the same circles, tho' I do remember him.

R.I.P. Mallory :(.

17. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

Sending good thoughts to Mal's family. I will miss him more than I can say.

"Asshammer" :mallory:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  18. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember not too long ago, he made a post in which he referred to the fact that he'd managed to successfully battle his illness a few times. I always admired how he wasn't afraid to bring it up from time to time and how strong he seemed.

I didn't have very many direct interactions with him, but I always enjoyed reading his posts. I remember thinking that he must have had a wicked sense of humour IRL, and that he would be the kind of person I would have enjoyed sitting down and having a beer with.

My condolences to his family, and to everyone who knew him.

19. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Wow.

I knew he was ill, but I didn't realize it had gone so far.

When I was on staff here he was one of my favorite colleagues. Our thing was USC/Oregon football. I will miss giving him crap about his Ducks. In fact I used to have a nickname for him: Mr. Quackers.

I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He was truly as good guy.

RIP, Mr. Quackers. I'll miss you.

:(

20. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

He loved his family - he spoke of them often. I admired him very much. He "got" my sense of humor - and I miss him already.