Watch List to Prep for ST: Picard

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Spot's Meow, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

These are the Voyager episodes I re-watched:

"Unity"
    "Scorpion", Parts I and II
    "The Gift"
    "Day of Honor"
    "Revulsion"
    "The Raven"
    "Scientific Method" (it's not a key episode but it does put a nice cap on the opening episodes of S4)
    "The Omega Directive"
    "One"
    "Hope and Fear"
    "Dark Frontier", Parts I and II
    "Someone to Watch Over Me"
    "Unimatrix Zero", Parts I and II
    "Human Error"
    "Endgame"

I skipped over the Hirogen Arc and cut all the way down to the bone with S5-S7 because finishing all of TNG before January 23rd was my priority, but now I feel like I can go back to watch some other Borg/Seven episodes that weren't on this list.

2. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

I never cared for TNG (Picard is bloviating and Troi is insufferable -- "I feel ... I sense ... " :rolleyes: ).

"Complications" are what keep shows interesting. Mind you, they CAN be overdone (I'm looking at YOU, "Lost" :scream: ), but they're what keep shows on the air for longer than one or two seasons.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    cosmic mouse likes this.
  3. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

If this is the case and the series adopts a focal point that hones in only on TNG it'll be a pretty sure fire mechanism to prompt me to tune out.
    If the show tries to breach new ground by combining some sort of TNG focus with the addition of other elements (Borg, Etc.) in an attempt create something novel, then I'll likely give it a chance.
    In short, I hope you're wrong since it'll reduce the potential scope of the show greatly.

Danja likes this.
  4. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think you're misunderstanding what I said. I didn't mean the show will focus only on past elements of TNG and nothing else. Rather, it's only relying on those as a base from which to build up. Of course there will be new things -- this is a new adventure for Picard with people we've never met, but it doesn't require a backstory beyond TNG to follow. It's not "here's Picard with Data and Riker and Troi and 7 and Kira and Janeway and Icheb talking about the Maquis and the Dominion War and the Department of Temporal Incursions and the Breen and .....". That's overcomplicated.

Everything familiar we've seen in the trailers doesn't require explanation beyond TNG, 7 of 9 excepted. The rest is a new story.

cosmic mouse likes this.
  5. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

Probably. That's quite common on internet message boards. ;)

Danja likes this.