News Variety Reports Robert Pattinson is the new Batman

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by auntiehill, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

But the year halos are what Supes used to navigate to the correct time...like browsing through a card catalogue.

Ovation likes this.
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They met.
    [​IMG]

I remember someone saying that a young Bruce Wayne studied with an old as dirt Sherlock Holmes before he became Batman, but google can't verify that.

Saul likes this.
  3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Not anymore. Folks are finally realizing there's nothing wrong with admitting their flaws. Like how Batman is a secondary character in his own movies and Bale not being that great a Batman.

I'll take a guy who acts like a human being nuance and all compared to someone who makes 1 of 2 faces.

Fans whining about something and then realizing they were fools to complain. Those same folks who said that about him also said RDJ could never be Iron Man, Tom Holland would suck as Spider-Man and Evans would ruin Cap.

I agree on Affleck, but Bale wasn't anything to write home about. It's why he's the least memorable of the characters.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  4. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who said rdj can't be iron Man? He's literally Tony Stark in real life (without the armor)

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

How is RDJ Iron Man in real life?

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Presumably because he overcame a dissolute bad-boy past and chemical dependency issues to become a powerful, respected figure in his industry. Although to an extent, the character of Tony Stark was adjusted for the movies to fit RDJ's own personality and reputation.

crookeddy and fireproof78 like this.
  7. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Back when the movie was first announced, it was already considered DOA, with RDJ as one big cause of it.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

And RDJ has nearly as much money as Stark. :)

9. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Yeah, NOW.

Of course, even when he wasn't A List he still got steady work because no matter how addled he was he still always showed up on time and knew all his lines.

10. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only thing I ever saw about that movie was building excitement with each new announcement.

11. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I started seeing the growing anticipation once the trailers came out and the promo shots of him building the Original Armor in the cave, but before that it ranged from "This is going to be a disaster and ruin Marvel's new Studio" to "Oh, I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable little C-Movie".

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, that's not a city that would leap to mind for Gotham, but it should definitely give it a very different look from the other movies. I love those kind of European cities, so I'm all for it.

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

theenglish likes this.
  15. Captaindemotion

auntiehill likes this.
  16. Captaindemotion

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I kind of hope we don't end up with any more villains, we're already going to have Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman, that's enough for me. The only way I could see more working out is if most of them are smaller roles with just two or three as the main focus.

18. theenglish

The success of Iron Man was a big surprise when it happened. RDJ was not a box office star at the time and Iron Man was not well known. Only us comic nerds were psyched about the movie during the build up to it. The original IM movie was a success primarily because of the charismatic performance of RDJ and his on screen chemistry with Paltrow. I don't really have evidence for this, but I have always assumed that Marvel just ran with the personality that he brought to the role because it was such an integral part of the character's on screen appeal. And then the comics tended to follow the MCU personality.

19. theenglish

That's not entirely true. Perhaps amend that to say "when he wasn't in prison..."

20. theenglish

That will probably be the idea, or alternatively, the producers are already planning the sequels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.