Spoilers Vadic's Hand

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Unimatrix Q, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And I'm not buying the "Section 31 virus" as an explanation, because we all know that Odo CURED the virus when he linked with the Founder leader.

2. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not Laas.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did Laas even catch the virus in the first place?

In any case, we also know what the effects of the virus are: Loss of shapeshifting abilities, physical deterioration and eventual death. If there were any uncured changelings still about, they wouldn't survive long enough to do the kind of things we're seeing here.

4. Yistaan

As he linked with Odo after Odo was infected but before he was cured, logic would indicate that he was.

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

They already tried being different people.

Remember what Jack/Bev said in previous episodes? They pretended to be Fenris Rangers, Klingons and Starfleet.

fireproof78 likes this.
  6. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

So if they became all those people, and they still haven’t been able to get Jack, what are they doing masquerading as a crazy woman and a bunch of bird people?

Search4, Spike730 and Mr. Laser Beam like this.
  7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing they don't know that the Titan crew know that they're changelings.

8. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but that’s not the point. Just why are they masquerading as a crazy woman and bird people? There are a million other, more effective people they could be imitating.

And the Titan crew don’t know they’re Changelings yet. Only we do.

9. Yistaan

Right now the Changelings wanting Jack alive falls apart because of their completely inconsistent actions. I'll concede they probably didn't know where Crusher was and needed to follow Picard and Riker to find out. However, once the Titan was on its way to the Ryton system, the Changeling could've done any number of things to sabotage the Titan, including waking up Shaw and telling him what Seven did immediately (I find it hard to believe a Changeling infiltrator wouldn't know Shaw's original orders, so once he sees the ship going to the Ryton system he could contact Vadic to tell her to go get Jack and then stall the Titan).

And then once that happens, the Changeling makes no attempt to stop Riker and Picard from stealing the shuttle, even though in the context of his alibi as a transporter crewmember he'd be within his rights to do so. He then allows Shaw to change his mind and stop Vadic even though there's tons of ways he could've prevented that (or even just filing a formal protest as his alibi). Once Jack is onboard, there's no attempt made to get him off the Titan back to Vadic, and in fact the Changeling outright tries to kill him instead of kidnapping him and taking him on a shuttle to Vadic. This whole 'Changelings want to kidnap Jack' falls apart on any basic analysis of the episodes' events.

Search4 and Methuselah Flint like this.
  10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

If only we knew all...

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

And if only, when we did know all, were we satisfied with the result. Which I haven’t been for two seasons now. So you can understand my skepticism.

Skyshadow and Yistaan like this.
  12. fireproof78

Oh, I'm not satisfied. But I'm also unconcerned so soon in to the season.

Ovation and Nerys Myk like this.
  13. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Female Shapshifter said that the Founders were originally humanoids, before evolving to become changelings. I'm thinking Vadic and her cohorts may be a group of genetic throwbacks to a time when the Humanoid founders were in some type of transitional phase.

Perhaps these mutant changelings were unable to join the great link and therefore shunned by the Founders. However what that would have to with Jack Crusher or Picard or the Federation is beyond me

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  14. gvn2fly

gvn2fly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is my concern about the season..things are already starting to not make sense.

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  15. fireproof78

It's supposed to make sense? :whistle:

16. Magistos

Magistos Commander Red Shirt

You Herbert.
    (Be careful of the grass.)

fireproof78 likes this.
  17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I rented a Taurus when I was travelling through Denver back in 2016. It didn't go FOOM, but the computer kept shutting the car off on I-25, one of the craziest N/S highways in the country. Three subsequent turns of the key got it reset and re-started (I'm good at finding patterns) and I was back up and moving for another 15 miles until it died again. When I returned it, I described the problem and demanded a minimum of 50% reduction in cost. They gave it to me for free because the same exact thing happened to the guy I talked to at the rental place! :lol:

I'll never rent a Ford again. Or a Jeep, either, for that matter. Broke-ass shitboxes, all...

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  18. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

That's where I align with @WarpFactorZ in a way. 5 Jeeps and only one with some transmissions issues, but never a break down and otherwise solid for me.

I'm with you on Fords though, at least ones from 1974 onward.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Have you seen the new Ford "Mustang" EV? It looks nearly identical to a bloody Honda Civic! I've never been a Ford fan, but I can't imagine the old-school pony car enthusiasts are very happy about this.

Mustang:
    mustang.jpg

Civic:
    civic.jpg

WTF is it with these hatch-back bubble-cars?!?

20. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He said keep watching the show to see how the changelings react in the upcoming shows There's more suprise twists and turns fans won't be expecting. Someone in an interview asked about the masks and why would the disguised themselves he didn't want to answer that question that will be shown in an upcoming show. Strong hint from Terry Imposter is going to reveal something major this week.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023