USS Wildcat 3D Model

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Rekkert, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Love how that came out!

2. Rekkert

Rekkert Fleet Captain Premium Member

The Librarian likes this.
  3. Rekkert

I've started another ship commission for @The Librarian, the USS Stormcrow. I've decided to carry on using this thread rather than create another for each separate ship.

Here's the overall design schematic:
    [​IMG]

And here's the start of the 3D model. Per our conversation, a lot of the details have been reworked since the schematic was made, and the ship has a more Discovery feel to it:
    [​IMG]

4. The Librarian

The Librarian Commodore Commodore

The biggest Discovery influence visible so far is the shape of the secondary hulls, with the angular pylons thick enough to house a full deck. It's also got a similar layered look from a lot of angles, only with three tiers instead of two. It was intended to be of similar size too, although it was designed before we had a firm Discovery size or had really seen the various other Starfleet ships that appeared in 1x02. It came pretty close to several of them, though. I threw together a comparison based on the Eaglemoss chart.

[​IMG]
    In order: Hoover, Wildcat (mine), Crossfield, Constitution, Cardenas, Stormcrow, Shepard, Walker. The Nimitz is pretty close too but my attempts to trace it out didn't turn out well. The saucer diameter just slightly smaller than that of the Kelvin as well.

Rekkert likes this.
  5. Rekkert

I've modeled some more bits on the ship but mostly I've worked on the UV and started with the texures. I went very heavy on the Disco style but this might be modified later.

[​IMG]

blssdwlf, Atolm and The Librarian like this.
  6. Atolm

Atolm Commodore Commodore

Very cool mate. She's smooth and sexy :)

7. Rekkert

I've finished modeling and UV mapping of the ship, and I'm starting adding some of the hull details. Colors, as ever, might change.

[​IMG]

8. The Librarian

The Librarian Commodore Commodore

Nice work on the nacelle grills.