USS Voyager (eventually) on Picard?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Markonian, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

With the confirmed inclusion of Seven of Nine and the potential to include Robert Picardo as the Doctor, do you think the writers might include further references to VOY and the USS Voyager, or could they shy away from it?

It probably comes down to how much of Starfleet is included. If it's just Picard's A-Team, we might see an Enterprise and other Starfleet ships.

As for what we know of Voyager, it was turned into a museum after its 23rd-year odyssey in the original timeline. I doubt Starfleet would put a state-of-the-art ship out of commission in 2377/78, however.

Apocryphal realm: In the novel continuity, most recently penned by Star Trek's very own Kirsten MF Beyer, Voyager performs some 'safe' missions in the Alpha Quadrant from 2378-81, under Captain Chakotay. Afterwards, the breakthrough in sustained quantum slipstream drive (QSD) technology allows Starfleet to dispatch the Full Circle fleet, a group of QSD-equipped vessels led by USS Voyager, to return to the Delta Quadrant. This time not stranded, but as explorers.

In Star Trek Online, Voyager remains in local space until 2410, when Admiral (one star) Tuvok takes it into the Delta Quadrant as part of Operation Delta Rising. The mission is accompanied by Captain Harry Kim of the USS Rhode Island. Btw, STO also shows La Forge making captain of the USS Challenger despite undoing his timeline in "Timeless".

Either way, I'm excited. :bolian:

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sure there will be hints and cameos. If Picardo does return in season 2, many more so.

Danja and Markonian like this.
  3. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe we'll see it standing at the presidio in a shot showing SFC, SFA, and/or the GGB

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Yes, by all means let’s have Star Trek: Picard be about even more things that have nothing to do with Picard. Then they can rename season 2 to Star Trek: Thenextgenerationdeepspaceninevoyagerenterprisealloveragain.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  5. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

That reminds me of a parody I came up with in high school. I called it Star Trek: The Original Next Deep Voyager. :p

6. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So you think DS9 will get some love? It would be the first time ever then...

Ar-Pharazon, Danja and Lord Garth like this.
  7. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

TNG is Marcia. VOY is Cindy. DS9 is Jan.

Ar-Pharazon and DaveyNY like this.
  8. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    PIC-ARD, PIC-ARD, PIC-ARD !!

:lol:

Danja and Lord Garth like this.
  9. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes yes, it’s Picard, but it’s also first new Trek series post TNG/DS9/VOY. I understand why people are grasping at every single fantasy they had last 20+ years

NCC-73515 likes this.
  10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Personally, I demand to know why we haven't heard anything about Captain Desoto yet. I mean's he's going to be in Picard, right? It's absolutely essential they have nothing less than an entire episode devoted to Desoto where we learn his career took him to Admiral, then Starfleet Chief of Staff, and now he's in the Federation government as Secretary of Defense or something like that. Oops, right, there's "no military" in the Federation. I meant Secretary of Exploration. Yeah, totally that.

Anyway, if I don't hear about Captain Desoto soon I maybe forced to assume he won't be in the show, in which case my only recourse will be to boycott this show and slander Chabon for misunderstanding Star Trek and disrespecting the fans.

daedalus5, Gepard, Vger23 and 4 others like this.
  11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Voyager was integrated with future technology from a now erased timeline. So either Starfleet locked it away so that the tech wouldn’t be used, or they just didn’t care and let Voyager sail on its merry way and reverse-engineered its tech.

DS9forever likes this.
  12. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Or the tech disappeared 30 minutes after they got back to Earth because Admiral Katy never went back in time to give them that tech ;)

DS9forever likes this.
  13. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

Only series that should have anything to do with the Picard series is TNG.
    Seven's role has already made me think I'm losing interest.
    But, depending on what she does in the new series it could get interesting?
    I don't know.

14. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

But if Admiral Katy never went back in time to give them that tech, then 30 minutes later they’d be right back in the Delta Quadrant ;)

15. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

That's the tricky part of temporal mechanics, getting the results without the initial effort.

Dukhat likes this.
  16. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

They should just get it over with and have the opening scene of the show be a major battle with all the relevant Trek ships participating (that haven't been destroyed), with DS9 launching barrages in the background/forefront for whatever reason. ;)

17. NCC-73515

Any second we see previous ships, tech, characters, costumes, will be a happy one for me

18. Boris Skrbic

Boris Skrbic Commodore Commodore

Any second, or only those that fit internal story logic?

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Sounds about right.

20. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why? It's not like the events didn't happen around the same time...

21. NCC-73515

Note the famous lab tubes in the background!

Ar-Pharazon likes this.