Underrated Queen songs

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

2. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    What I mean is that, of all the songs on "The Miracle," only "The Miracle" seems to have made it onto their various greatest hits albums, whereas I'd say nearly every track on it is greatest hits worthy and is probably the most consistent, deep album they've ever done. "A Night at the Opera" has a greater number of outstanding songs but also a few tracks that kinda make me go, "Meh."

3. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

You do know Rodgers is the voice of Free and Bad Company I assume? The Firm (with Jimmy Page, not the Star Trekkin' one) had a couple of good songs, as do his solo albums.

The Queen + projects aren't meant to sound that much like Queen - how could they? But I'll try anything they want to make.

4. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah yes, I forget you guys get different GH albums. Of the 5 singles from the Miracle, the only one that didn't make it onto the Euro Greatest Hits II album was Scandal.

I think the whole of their 80s output is underrated by the USA, besides perhaps Another One Bites the Dust. They seemed to go off Queen right around the time he grew a big moustache and started appearing obviously gay. Hmmmmmmmm....

They never toured the USA again after 82 (until Q+PR), the demand just wasn't here.

Yeah same here, i'll always give them a fair chance.

And yes, it was through those bands (Free, Bad Company) that I decided I wanted to see Rodgers play solo. I like his stuff, but I think his influence rather overpowered the whole affair. It sounded more like a Paul Rodgers record with Brian and Roger playing back up.

Not that that is a bad thing, but you have certain expectations when a record is branded with the Queen name. I just expected more variety.

I hope they find someone more suited to the "Queen" sound and try again, but I doubt it will happen actually. I think this album flopped masssively compared to their expectations, and I think the reaction of Queen fans hurt them as well. Brian May has taken the criticism quite badly.

That said, I went to see Q+PR on the first tour they did, and it was a truly amazing show, absolutely brilliant. Fantastic live act.