"Ultraman": massive buttload of series and movies coming to Blu-ray!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Realist, Jul 11, 2019.

1. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Read it and weep ... with joy:

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/...n9G8q7mVBrt-olZ9jVUa4ibA9PRxu2PiwCpsXbFFZY3Ek

The original Ultraman series is, of course, a stone classic, but many of the sequel shows are also fantastic. I watched series like Ultraman Max and Ultraman Nexus on dodgy Malaysian "import" DVDs back in my hardcore otaku days, with horrific compression and subs that could be called English only by the most generous of interpretations, and still enjoyed the hell out of them. This huge licensing announcement came out of nowhere, but what great news!

The Lensman and Kai "the spy" like this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been curious to check out some Tokusatsu shows, and it seems like I picked a good time to do it, first we got the Super Sentais on Shout Factory's website, and now this.

3. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm a big fan of the Ultra Series, and I've been writing about it for years for the biggest German monster fanzine. I wish there'd be a deal like this for German, or at least British, BluRay releases. With this situation, I need to figure out/research a way to reprogramm my BluRay player so it'll play North American releases.

4. The Lensman

The Lensman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Original Ultraman on Blu Ray?! Oh, hell yeah! Totally getting this!! May pick up Ultra Q as well.