(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I wonder how Fergie can top this though I do know he wants one more FA Cup win before he retires and I think he will win that next season. I am not sure about next years PL though am sure Fergie will win at least one more before he retires and next year I think at least the Q/F.

Chelsea is at a crossroads but will come back strong though Arsenal have the potential to be Utd's biggest rivals.

Next bit of football action is ENGLAND vs. USA (next week) :techman:

Also I will start EURO 2008 thread on...(read below)!

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I couldn't resist posting this...

[​IMG]

3. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

That's not funny. The dramatics in this game should have been: Ronaldo misses and Manchester loses because of him. :(
    The fact that Terry slipped, who was one of the very few likable guys on the pitch there is typical though.

4. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ROFTL

Terry is likeable? hahahaha.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Terry is a loudmouth arrogant fool

6. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Compared to Ballack, Rooney, Tevez, Drogba, Ferdinand, Lampard, Cole, Brown, Ronaldo, Hargreaves, etc: HELL YES!

7. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

John Terry is a fucking hero.

In a time where football is dominated by fancy assholes that dive, fake injuries and are more concerned with their hairstyles than anything else, John Terry plays hard every night, doesn't engage in any of the cheating bullshit that infests and plagues the game and he doesn't let injuries slow him down and comes back as quick as humanly possible from them because he's a true leader. The guy dislocated his shoulder 10 days ago for crying out loud, did you see the game he had last night (up untill his PK that is)? That's called heart, and it is severely lacking in football these days.

Football would be a hell of a lot better off if there were more players like John Terry playing in it and I guarantee the fringe fans would be a lot more in to it, who are normally turned off by the flopping nancy boys we normally see these days.

As for the game, it was fucking epic. Too bad about the result, but I was entertained throughout. Funny how people say Chelsea are boring but they were by far the more exciting team out there. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  8. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

John Terry doesn't deserve to have the weight of that loss on his shoulders. I would have preferred Ashley Cole missed the crucial penalty and spend every night for the rest of his life taking the penalty over in his dreams.

That was much better than final than I could have expected. With the worries about the pitch and boring defensive game, we got an engaging, tense spectacle for the neutrals. I thought for a brief moment that Giggs was going to be the hero. It was cruel - and as it was said last night over and over, football's a cruel game - that Terry's header which saved the game will be forever overshadowed by that penalty.

Here in the States, Clarence Seedorf joined the booth as one of the commentators. He was so spectacularly crap and useless that they pulled him at half-time.

9. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Seedorf was HORRIBLE! :lol:

Did they pull him at halftime or was it his choice to leave (he sounded so bored)?

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Terry may be a good defender who is very brave but still...

Terry is always the one who leads the Chelsea mob, yesterday he was the first to run to the ref about the Tevez thing despite them doing the exact same thing as he did earlier. He never tries to get players away from the ref just joins in.

Also he pretended to wipe his mouth with his sleeve to hide from the ref somerthing he said to Tevez which several papers apparantly picked up on and I don't know what was fully said but it apparantly wasn't something that potrays him as a hero. As for cheating I remember last year he thought he was a goalkeeper several times and he knew exactly what he was doing.

He's a overpaid poor excuse for a England captain.

11. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think they pulled him. Usually the player commentator is only there for about 20 minutes anyways. English also isn't his first language nor his second.

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

This is the same John Terry who thinks it's fine to park his 150K Bently in a disabled parking space? Just another arrogant thug.

Hero. Jesus Christ, that we use that word in connection with a wealthy footballer says everything about society today. Heroes work in hospitals, heroes serve in Afghanistan, they sure as hell weren't on the pitch Wednesday night.

Did I feel sorry for him? Yes, but he's won title medals and will likely win more. I have more sympathy for the majority of the Cardiff City players who will never get that close to winning anything ever again.

It would have been funnier if Terry had scored though, just to see Ronaldo's face :lol:

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Owen (Virus) and Jenas (Ankle Injury) are out of the two ENGLAND games which is a disappointment because I was hoping to see Owen get a proper chance under Capello plus he's been on form for Newcastle since easter.

Fabio has not annoucned his replacements yet but most likely Carrick will be brought in for Jenas unless Fabio wants to continue this stupid grudge against him because I can't think of any other reason why he has not been called up yet in all his squads.

The one for Owen is more difficult because he's called up all the decent strikers so most likely he will keep the squad at 30 and not replace Owen.

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Oh dear lord, we've got Hull City in the Premier League next season.

I watched the game, it was almost like neither side wanted to win because they knew they were going to spend the next season losing every week. The only player who tried was Dean Windass but be probably won't be playing for them next season anyway.

15. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

First thing congrats RANGERS and well played Queen of the South.

Theres no doubt that Dean Windass will play in the PL because he might be old but he just has a knack of getting some dam vital goals. I have to admit his goal was worthy of being in a WORLD CUP Final, the technique was simply perfect. I do look forward to seeing that Frazer Campbell in the PL assuming Utd let him stay out on loan at Hull City.

Some news in the England Camp today...

For the moment in training, Capello is using Under 21 sub keeper "Joe Lewis" though he won't be in the match squad of course. If Kirkland is set to miss the T&T game as well then he will probably call up Paul Robinson, Scott Carson or Robert Green to the squad.

Biggest news of the day is that...

Not Surprising but maybe a little earlier than I expected though overall he did a decent job but he was never a great tactican and it shown in the Carling Cup Final & Champions League Final.

I was going over the squad earlier and I think Chelsea will need to spend £70-75 million this summer to make the squad better though the good news is that they have several players they can get rid of which could bring in around £40 million but I will talk about that in more detail later.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The England Press Conference from London Colney is about to start. It'd be really funny if the Arsenal staff have left all of the Arsenal logos etc in the background behind them. :lol:

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

John Terry has been named ENGLAND captain for the game against USA though Capello won't say who will lead ENG out against T&T. My money is on Barry against T&T.

18. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I would have stuck with Ferdinand. Name a captain and a vice captain and stick with it, stop changing things around.

19. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

I'll do it.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

First of all let me laugh at Germnay 2-2 Belarus :lol:

and now lets get down to predicting scoreline tonight between ENG and our dear cousins, USA.

2-1 to ENG (Rooney & Ashton) with the USA goal from (Donovan)