(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Daily Mirror on football spy hinted that Man City owners want to get rid of Michael Johnson and Micah Richards. Anyone should buy both and play Richards at Right Back and get Johnson back on the correct road.

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Evidence enough that Manchester City FC is being run by complete, gibbering idiots.

3. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

City are mad if they let Richards, Johnson and/or Ireland leave. They're all top quality players, why shell out millions upon millions to replace them FFS.

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Add Joe Hart to that list.

5. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They'll just buy this lot in the summer for £1b. :D

[​IMG]

6. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Who'd have thought the top 5 players in the world were in fact a secret boyband?

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^I sincerely hope Holdfast isn't reading this thread. It seems earning tens of thousands of pounds every week doesn't buy you any fashion sense. :lol:

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Losing 1-0 at half time and dam we look crap...Everytime we get ball we just wacked it upfield and even though Tyson's pace is causing problems we are not creating anything.

Tyson should be put on the wing to use his pace more and slap Garner up front who is the only really out and out goal scorer we have.

9. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I can tell which is "the gay one"...

10. Angel4576

Odds on them being called 'The Pirates of Menzpance'? :lol:

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well we certainly owned you in the first half, but you were probably the better team after half time. I guess we just couldn't keep the tempo up after Tuesday.

That said if your goalie had had an off day Commons could have ended up with 2 or 3 goals and man of the match!

Probably the most even derby in a while.

I had the sound off at first so didn't hear the reason for Billy's absense for a while. I had the shocking thought that he'd walked!

12. Angel4576

A draw was a fair result. We were by far the better team in the first half but they played better in the second. It's a shame that we'd had the game on Tuesday otherwise I think we'd have kept the first half tempo up. We could have won it but it would probably have been a bit undeserved had we done so. We'll just have to do it in the replay instead! :lol:

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Was it me or were both goals virtually the same...cross from the right wing, one dummy and finish from striker :lol:.

2nd half we were much better though the last 10 minutes were crap, we lost our tempo and dam I love Paul Smith. Any idea who Steve Bruce was looking at (he was in crowd) I know he tried to buy Tyson when he was manager of Birmingham but we rejected a £1 Million bid.

I do fancy our chances at home though we will have to mark Commons well in that game and I would play Tyson on the wing with Earnshaw and Garner up front. Hopefully Moussi will be fit come then too we need some bite in midfield.

Billy if last night didn't show it I don't know what will, buy us 2 new wingers.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah both goals were spookily similar!

15. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For some reason I am watching this Rover/Villa FA cup match on FSC. Looks like Villa is not even trying. Sidwell just missed a sitter.

What an amazing miss by Agbonlahor!

16. HappyDayRiot

A rare occasion where I commend Swansea.

That'll do for that I think.

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

The FOREST/DERBY game just got HUGE !!!

Winner plays "Manchester United" at there own ground.

:drool: you've already had them twice, Derby don't be greedy

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

All the more reason to let us play them...we know their weaknesses ;)

Good result for Cardiff there!

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

You take the 1st half, we'll have the 2nd :). Pity chances are Rooney will be out of any 5th round tie, would love to see him even if he was ripping my team to bits.

20. HappyDayRiot

I actually got to go to the game! I did have to stand in the away end though so had to be pretty damn quiet and applaud Arsenal every time they did something good. That wasn't too often thankfully - really though, I can now say I've seen up close and personal just how poor Eboue is. Bendtner and Song weren't much good either. And Ramsey, local lad on his return to his club he left in the summer? Woeful.

Really though today the shooting was terrible. I can't recall a single instance of Arsenal shooting from outside the box (although I'm willing to be proved wrong on that as I have trouble seeing the far end of the pitch). Granted Cardiff didn't offer too much in attack, but they squandered one or two good chances as well, not least when McCormack's freekick hit the corner of the post. If that one had gone in...

Entertaining enough - I've still not seen a goal at Ninian Park in 3 attempts though!