U.S.S. Salcombe - Star Trek Beyond

PixelMagic

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
I need more Kelvin timeline ships for my project, so I figured why not make a Salcombe! We don't get a good look at this thing at all in Beyond. It's seen VERY briefly in the background, but it's a really cool design. So I wanted to create a high quality VFX model that can give us a better look. Here is my roughing in of the basic hull shapes.

wlj4NJz.jpg

K19cAZm.jpg

RGdegiQ.jpg

rwug7Ig.jpg

bFthQQV.jpg

YES!! Awesome! The little tidbits we saw looked very good!

Are you working from your own imagination, or do you have renders from the original mesh?

Am I seeing that deflector correctly? NX placement but a tiiiiny circle?

Great work! Really looking forward to seeing this baby in all her glory. The basic hull shapes are a fun spin on the Kelvin Starfleet style.

Just a little progress here. I hoped to have more by this point, but I am still going through the growing pains of learning to model as I do this. It took me 4-5 attempts to model the "grate" piece between the saucer split. The topology was a nightmare. Anyway, there is a bit of progress, so enjoy.

kE4p7Ua.jpg

Ap0nu40.jpg

I425CW0.jpg

88rOLM8.jpg

960C2jR.jpg

oCTo8hz.jpg

SDGdVJr.jpg

Last edited:
You model very well, especially considering you're learning as you go. Keep it coming, this is a neat ship. :bolian:

Daniel, your modelling and general shape of the ship looks ok, but I think the deflector dish looks strange and out of scale. ;)

Just a little progress here. I hoped to have more by this point, but I am still going through the growing pains of learning to model as I do this. It took me 4-5 attempts to model the "grate" piece between the saucer split. The topology was a nightmare. Anyway, there is a bit of progress, so enjoy.

kE4p7Ua.jpg

Ap0nu40.jpg

I425CW0.jpg

88rOLM8.jpg

960C2jR.jpg

oCTo8hz.jpg

SDGdVJr.jpg
Keep up the good work! This is a beautiful ship.

A shame we’ve never seen anything official about this ship (or the other Kelvinverse background ships, for that matter). I was hoping Eaglemoss would delve more deeply into them, but IIRC the contract they had mandated that all Kelvinverse ships had to be of the larger scale. This was probably somewhat cost-prohibitive for most customers as to make them generally unprofitable to produce.

Back