TV shows that STILL aren't available on DVD!?!?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Legend was pretty good. It was created by Michael Pillar and is one of the reasons he left Star Trek. I also use to watch Deadly Games. It was okay. Spiner did play a villain. I believe he was a nerdy character who was even a fan of Star Trek. LeVar Burton was also another villain playing a ex-boss who fired him and his video game double like tried to kill him with deadly paper or something he would throw at him. Shirley Jones also played a villain as his Mother in Law.

Jason

2. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

...and made WKRP releases less awesome...

3. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Love the groovy music. I have never heard of this one.

Animated series based on the movie Fantastic Voyage

Galileo7 likes this.
  4. dupersuper

Maybe it was in a bad time slot? I watched the others on PBS as a kid (was in love with Red Dwarf), but hadn't even heard of Blakes 7 until SF Debris reviewed it.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This was one of my favorite cartoons. Around the same time there was another good one based on Journey to the Center of the Earth.

6. dupersuper

I remembered watching and liking that on Wonderful World of Disney when I was a kid, then not knowing what it was called for over a decade (yaay internet!).

7. Gingerbread Demon

Oh yes I remember that one, over here they paired that show back to back with Defenders Of The Earth on one of our local channels but the shows were butchered with tv ads

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Thank goodness for streaming and DVD. Old shows are half commercials now.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  9. Gingerbread Demon

I seem to remember an old TV show, not sure if an Australian production but they sailed around the world on a replica of the Endeavour and had a mini submarine and had various adventures.

10. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I don't know that there was that much overlap between the Blake's 7 era and the Red Dwarf era, although your mileage may vary depending on your PBS station. I didn't start getting into Red Dwarf until the very early 2000s. I know that it had to be around then because Season VIII was already over and I was pretty convinced that that was all that we were ever going to get. I have very fond memories of that glorious half a year when PBS's late night Saturday line-up consisted of Robot Wars, The Red Green Show, Red Dwarf, & The Industry (a.k.a. Made in Canada).

11. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was in the States in summer 89, when B7 had just been run, as had season one of Dwarf, but not Star Cops.

12. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

The Practice (can't even find it via other means bar the last season.)

I want to watch it but can't.

13. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wasn't it a vacuum cleaner salesman make the liberators from Blake's 7? They DREAMED of Dr Who budget

14. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Think that's urban myth in terms building the Liberator model but yes the show's budget was pretty small.

Found this article which puts the SFX budget at £50 per episode (basically the money had come from a police show that had been cancelled). By the end of the first season they were over budget by £4443 for materials and 1898 hours of labour.

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/sfx/20180103/283648235262867

15. Gingerbread Demon

The Liberator was a lovely design.. Very different and somewhat unique.

16. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I'm trying to remember where you're from, Jax. If you're in the U.S., all eight seasons are available via Hulu.

If you're outside the U.S., it could be available sometime next year; Disney is planning to expand Hulu internationally (under the brand name "Star"); content would be entirely stuff that Disney owns outright via various production arms like ABC Studios, 20th Century Studios, and 20th Television. The Practice was a 20th Century Fox TV production, so it should potentially be included under that umbrella.

Jax likes this.
  17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Sadly I'm from the UK though have been thinking about using a *Cough* VPN *Cough* lately.

18. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

B7 effectively replaced Softly Softly in the BBC drama schedule (it's often said to be Z Cars, but that continued till late 78, after B7 season one; Softly Softly was a Z Cars spin-off).

19. Gingerbread Demon

Ooh here's one that brought back a lot of happy memories........ I never saw the movie but did watch the TV show.

20. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Dylan Mcdermott show about a law firm?
    Amazon (Uk) have the first two seasons on dvd (region 2) or prime (and the last season on region 1 dvd). - They also have some of the other seasons