Contest: VOTE TV & Media Avatar Contest - Liked That Post

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by od0_ital, Aug 12, 2021.

?

Favorite Markie Post Avatar Entry?

1. od0_ital Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

14.3%
  2. od0_ital Cheers

14.3%
  3. Kai "the spy" There's Something About Mary

14.3%
  4. Kai "the spy" The Incredible Hulk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. auntiehill Night Court

57.1%
  1. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Good morning, everyone! Time to vote in this week's avatar contest dedicated to actress Markie Post.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/08/entertainment/markie-post-actress-died-cancer-night-court/index.html

With only five entries from three participants, I'm thinking we can vote for one avatar. Please do not vote for your own entry. Voting is open from now until Sunday.

This week's entries are -

[​IMG]
    od0_ital Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

[​IMG]
    od0_ital Cheers

[​IMG]
    Kai "the spy" There's Something About Mary

[​IMG]
    Kai "the spy" The Incredible Hulk

- and -

[​IMG]
    auntiehill Night Court

Good luck!

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

3. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I Mark(i)e-d my votes, now I'm Post-ing my alts:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Last day to vote! The winner will be announced in the morning!

5. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Sorry for the delay, been out all day.

First off, congratulations to our contest winner @auntiehill with her Night Court entry that got four votes!

[​IMG]

Secondly, I think this contest had the lowest participation - entries (three posters, me included) and voters (seven, me included) - ever.

What the hell?!?

6. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Congrats, auntie!

Well, problem is that Markie Post is mostly known for Night Court, and that show is around thirty years old by now.
    It also wasn't as big in Europe as it was in the US, I myself only discovered it through the recommendations of a friend about ten years ago. Before that, I hadn't even heard of it. Turns out I saw Post as Mary's Mom first, but as that part was little more than a cameo in a movie loaded with humor for teenage boys like myself at the time, I didn't took that much notice of her.

Another problem is that, Night Court aside, she has mostly had guest appearances in other shows, so even if you remember those, it's not that easy to find images from those appearances online. My own entry from The Incredible Hulk I had to create myself from a YouTube video. And when you do an Image Search of Markie Post, you mostly get images from a specific scene of her wearing a bikini, because it's the internet.

Add to that it's the height of summer. People are out doing other things.

But, finally, yeah, there has been a decline in interest in the Avatar Contests across the board. Sometimes, depending on the theme and the allowed number per entries per user, we get a good number of entries, but active participants can get kind of rare. We temporarily discontinued the Avatar Contests in the Doctor Who subforum, because it reached a point where there were entries from only two users for several contests in a row.

cardinal biggles likes this.
  7. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles I AM A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I'll be honest, the last couple of topics just haven't interested me as much. And avatars aren't nearly as fun as they used to be since they aren't animated (except on your profile page) anymore. Also, I think the old requirement that you had to "wear" your entry for the duration of the contest should come back.

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I'll try to get a new contest soon.

od0_ital likes this.