Trekish images in unlikely places

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Laura Cynthia Chambers, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

My brother took the picture but I was the one who spotted this random starship on the sidewalk. Have you ever seen something unintentional that reminded you of Trek in an odd place?

Atolm likes this.
  2. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not exactly unintentional... I saw an online ad offering 'sweet, heartwarming vintage images from the past' or something like that. The picture in the ad was a screenshot from TOS "What are Little Girls Made Of," showing the android Andrea with Christine Chapel. I found that to be rather odd.

Kor

3. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I once had a piece of toast with Captain Robau's face on it. But of course, I ate it immediately to try to absorb its power - didn't even think to grab a picture first. ;)

4. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Because nothing warms the heart like jealousy... :lol:

5. Laura Cynthia Chambers

A surprising find of my own. I went to St. Jacobs with some ladies from my church and while perusing the restaurant gift shop, noticed this among all the wooden toy cars, trains and planes:

[​IMG]

Atolm, F. King Daniel, Cyfa and 2 others like this.
  6. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

One of the malls in my area had a woodcraft gift store that didn't last long. They had some clocks with unlicensed Star Trek TOS artwork on them.

Kor

7. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was a hood ornament from an old car. Remind you of anything?

[​IMG]

Atolm, F. King Daniel and Cyfa like this.
  8. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

Ah, the Sh'Raan-class starship immortalised as a hood ornament! Good spot.

9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

10. Saw that someone's license plate said Garak

11. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

When I lived in Cincinnati years ago, there was a business in an hi-tech industry area called Laforce...

Always read that as Laforge...

12. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

One of my 1st semester instructors was Dr. Laforsch ;)

13. Admiral Archer

Admiral Archer Captain Captain

I actually discovered this several years ago, in a park not far from my old house in Chula Vista, CA. Someone had drawn a TWOK-style insignia on a paper plate! I instantly pictured a group of teenagers wanting to roleplay a diplomatic dinner from Star Trek, and drawing these insignias on paper plates (which sounds more like something I would have done as a teenager than what most kids do these days LOL). It actually stayed there in the park for several weeks, until someone threw it away. I don't condone littering of any kind, but this was actually a pretty cool discovery.
    [​IMG]

14. Laura Cynthia Chambers

I can't see the image for some reason, but cool story.

Atolm likes this.
  15. Atolm

Atolm Commodore Commodore

This is a cool thread. I personally do not have anything to share, but I always take inspiration from anything and everything. :)

16. Admiral Archer

That's odd...which browser are you using? For some reason it shows up on Google Chrome on my computer, but not on Microsoft Edge. Haven't tried Firefox yet, but I'm guessing it wouldn't work there, either. I even tried signing out of Google to see if it was only viewable by me, and I can still see it on Chrome.

17. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't see it (Chrome)

18. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

@Admiral Archer, I can't see the image in your post either (neither in Chrome, Firefox or Safari). Looking at the jumble of code you have pasted into it, it looks like the reason might lay there. Can you try to get another link to the image or maybe host it on a service like imgur?

Code:
    [IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Lqv45oP5A_Nord4XJCceiDdQ0uK41L6aLG7qrqU5VgQO6oAthc-9wD08x2ZK6Ev10r3Gfon63SU0nFe_P6FX9In3546MRj3aRMdj2Z-3JHvdcJDLo_50UR-09_zw-OkOTs0ij121Ny9_HDVEFiJZX10cU7wq2uHFQwonqFL_cgt1qKU4Gs8ytxw3uUUTZA07YFsRU9SutTY98--AzMIrbd5BcGkV33CRZugNOaccg4X1OEG8eWvmRtjL2I1Zgq48gcWs8vjoZwosU7KRtDzX3chhcma6DBnc4rOIUNEoqn7UHmWOsf2Wefs9UHYvRe84o90SYTRmBA_9Mifek0AqppxtZlgdcJgv9ECTg6VYqzh-etx8idkymM2z2O8GwnCh87PVzWRkqxpkVItD_1GMagyAQXZUPZMpS8hXk21b7EJ7EIxc6s-ziq661Kf0Rl2RUxw6lzaEe1wFGeuziuPd25oqB3xql88TeAkS7bYhvjBb-degSaVOCF8qT6IllatmGtaezOEEwDz4-govMknWVT_dx5RZye5jKgrJoH2ofxesqfkr-a8KZflaU5V495u7Zae5pqIzEOo_gYMVYp0xqW4lKmK6X0DGxVy_gcL6Ym2TCYAE8yQxqkz5OVYVjoqlT8heNxXVNLbTChXGxNB60zuxVrWU1UI=w528-h937-no[/IMG]

Admiral Archer likes this.
  19. Admiral Archer

HOLY MOLY. Apologies, I had no idea the code got so convoluted! I'm not even sure how I managed to see it show up in the first place. Let's try this again, shall we? I'm just gonna post the link this time, since I apparently don't know how to embed things. LOL

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fCLwMtyW6cSeSRE29

Michael likes this.
  20. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

There you go …

[​IMG]