Tpol-Archer

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by cyph, Jan 15, 2009.

?

T'pol and...

1. Trip

48 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. Archer

19 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. Other (explain)

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. Penguin

Penguin Commander Red Shirt

From the Poll at the start of this thread it is obvious that Trip and T-Pol are favored at least by those who voted in the poll.

that doesn't make the Archer-Tpol fans view any less valid, just differenmt.

A reading of Fanfics show (for me at least) that Trip and t-Pol seems to have fired the imagination of the writers.

Many great fanfics out there. Hopeful romantic has written some very great ones. Featuring Trip and T-Pol.

I understand there are Archer-t-Pol Fanfics too. I have yet to find any (not that I am looking for any) I have not read one of them. Don't intend to. that will be my loss then.

I believe what Hopeful romantic is tryng to say is no one is going to change anyones mind and that this has and will be hashed over and over again without anything more than heated discusiion (argument).

From my viewpoint, in the series, Archer and T-Pol had a professional relationship and never a close personal one. trip and T-Pol had a romantic one (sort of).

Like so much of the series there was much that had no continuity no resolution and out and out poor writing. Leaving the fans with situations like this.

Had the writers and TPTB chosen to create a ongoing remantic relationship eith either Archer and t-Pol or Trip and T-Pol and resolve the issue so that there was no doubt that the relationship existed and that it was a real romance and not a will they , won't they as was done in the actual series it would have been a lot better for the series and the fans.

As it is you pays your money and you takes your choice.

2. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

You're right, HR. Thanks for the reminder.

3. Mirror_Barclay

Mirror_Barclay Commander Red Shirt

I don't think it's true that discussion (or fanfic) can't make converts. I'm having a hard time thinking of a Trek example off the top of my head, but there are definitely combinations of characters on other shows that I didn't see watching it, but on reading the suggestion and explanation, or the fic, I went "hmm... okay, they probably would have pretty good chemistry."

It's less likely to have an impact where the show clearly hinted at both - everyone will have at least considered both Archer/T'Pol and Trip/T'Pol, and even those of us who can see either have our preference pretty well formed after 4 seasons of the show.

4. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

I agree about the value of a well-written story or a good, thoughtful discussion for gaining insight and understanding regarding different points of view.

5. Kirk1980

Kirk1980 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Then again, this was the same creative team who gave us....

Worf-Troi.

Yeah, I'm surprised they're able to create any real relationships.

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked Worf/Troi. :)

7. Captain MAJ

Captain MAJ Commander Red Shirt

T&A!!!! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: T'Pol has that all by herself.:techman:

And oh yeah, Hoshi and T'pol is defintly a win. :drool: