Toy Story 3 - Grading, Reviews, Discussion (SPOILERS)

Grade the movie

• Total voters
An excellent, excellent movie. I'd probably rank it tied for #2 (with The Incredibles) just below WALL-E on my best of Pixar list. The various set pieces were fun to watch, the character moments were touching, and I was legitimately scared that they were all going to be incinerated at the end there. Great job, Pixar.

This is unquestionably the best movie with a triceratops computer nerd.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw it a few days ago too & loooved it! I just love these guys & whenever they feel hurt I want to give them a hug. The hand holding scene =:( and Woody calling Andy on the phone to see if he'll play with them= :(

Im hearing a lot of people got creeped out by the giant baby doll, I thought she was kinda cute, especially in the flashback when shes wearing her frilly bonnet. But that MONKEY! Now that thing was pure nightmare fuel!!!:eek:

btw did any of you guys realize Sid from the first film was there? I had heard that Sid had a cameo in the film but I never saw him...but supposedly he's the garbage man?!:wtf: Im not sure if this is fan wank or true though... supposedly he was wearing a skull shirt & thats why they are saying its him. You'd think Pixar would have made it a bit more obvious its him though.

Am I the only one who got the Return of the Jedi reference when Big Baby lifted Lotso (Emperor) over his head and threw him into the dumpster (Reactor Shaft)?

My favorite scene is when Andy introduced all of the toys to the Bonnie. It was like a final roll call you see in all of those TV and Broadway shows.

TS3 premièred in the UK about a week and a half ago so my siblings and I went along to the local cinema this past weekend to see it (in 2D, didn't want to risk clumsy glasses spoiling the viewing). Just a sublime movie from start to finish, from daring steam train rescue to ghosts in a pancake factory. And I'll chime in that I was also on the edge of my seat toward the end, about 90% convinced the toys were about to meet their end in the trash inferno. Well played Pixar.

There were a couple of niggles (wasn't happy with how the toys reacted to Ken's note at the end, didn't quite buy the Buzz/Jessie plot) but these are paltry compared to how brilliant the rest of the movie. So I'll be happily going to see this again next week and in 3D (and who knows, I might even look more favourably on the niggles!).

definately my favorite of the 3 toy story movies, and it shows that Pixar can do a bit of a dark movie properly (unlike the fiasco that was "UP") the scene where the toys had accepted their deaths had me on the edge of my seat

that said I want a big stuffed Totoro doll

Definitely an Excellent.

Saw it today and I thought it was great. I think the impressive part about it is that you really do care about the characters and what happens to them. The series is amazing as they seem to get better with every movie. Some funny stuff too, particularly involving the Bookworm and Ken.

The loss of Bo Peep was a subtle but powerful little moment; poor Woody.:(

Yeah, that was really well done.

Finally got to see it, and I have not one single significant criticism of this film. Even though the 3-D was on the subtle side (stuff didn't come off the screen at you), it looked fantastic and worked perfectly for this movie. 10/10 :techman:

Above average, teetering on excellent (about a B+).

Pixar continues to please, and although it never reaches the highs of the first two acts of Wall-E (which are simply sublime), it has a much more satisfying climax. For a moment, I actually thought the toys might meet their doom in the landfill, but I didn't mind the claw allowing them escape--it was a good callback, and the final scene where Andy gives away his toys really works. I also have to mention Lotso's fate, which was particularly satisfying.

Toy Story 3 has now made more than one billion dollars at the boxoffice! :techman:

Two weeks after becoming the highest-grossing animated film of all time, Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 3 will cross the $1 billion mark at the global box office today, joining Alice in Wonderland as the second $1 billion film this year from The Walt Disney Studios – the first studio in history to accomplish this feat. Disney first crossed the $1 billion threshold with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest in 2006. Toy Story 3 becomes the only animated film to reach this milestone and the seventh title in industry history.

"It's been an incredible year as we saw the Pixar team bring Buzz and Woody back to the big screen and watched Tim Burton's vision for Alice in Wonderland take the world by storm," said Rich Ross, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. "These box office triumphs prove that creative storytelling brought to life by imaginative, inspired and talented professionals is something audiences respond to the world over."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=69258

I swear I almost cried when they were about to get incinerated. I love those little green aliens. Awww...Buzz light year spanish mode! LOL!

I didn't get to see it until late July/early August, but it was absolutely awesome. The story was moving, it was great to have most of the gang back again. I can't wait for this to come out on DVD!

Back