TOS Prometheus

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BorgMan, May 12, 2017.

1. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So, yeah, @Michael can you kindly change the title of this post to "TOS Prometheus"? That'd be swell...

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Gladly. :)

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the mini-nacelle on the saucer. Very logical.

4. Norsehound

Norsehound Captain Captain

I like that UFP logo at the back of the shuttlebay- is that yours?

5. BorgMan

It is. I threw it together firstly because I had space left on the ship registry beneath the shuttlebay entrance (you know, on the "lip"?) and then figured that it would be a cool addition to the aft wall as well, to break up the space a bit.

Sibyl likes this.
  6. BorgMan

I had need of a TOS shuttlepod. So I made one.

The haste in which I made this also means there's some stuff going on at the front, which at this time I'm not looking to fix. This model is purely made for background duty, and if you like, you can grab it here!

[​IMG]

Cyfa, Atolm, Sibyl and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rekkert

Rekkert Fleet Captain Premium Member

Very nice! I love all the little details you added like the small curvature of the hull or the landing gears. Might have been done in haste but certainly not without care. :)

Spaceship Jo and BorgMan like this.
  8. Atolm

Atolm Commodore Commodore

Awesome! I love the Prometheus, and I really dig the shuttlepod.

BorgMan likes this.
  9. Terranimperial

Terranimperial Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Nice Work!

BorgMan likes this.
  10. BorgMan

We all know the M-5 disaster. We also know that its irrational behavior stemmed from Dr. Daystrom's own messed-up brain. But what if... the Vulcan Science academy had an interest in this development, and selected a few more psychological fit people to have their brains scanned and create a computer with their engrams as basis? I have selected this point in time to diverge from TOS into The Original Series - New Generation. The result is a TOS where advancements were made, screens used more often, but still with some buttons and that TOS esthetic. If you need more to wrap your head around, please refer to this YouTube video of how a TOS bridge would look like with TMP graphics. Even though a ship like the Prometheus would still need more people to operate it than the Prime Prometheus would, the brand-spankin' new M-7 computer helps out a lot.

So, with that out of the way, please have a glance over this shot over the captain's chair to the Master Systems Graphic, or MSG; I actually found that a great acronym for what this thing is trying to do. TOS actually has precedent in that with the Status Display Boards. I liked black for this better though...

[​IMG]

publiusr, Cyfa and DEWLine like this.
  11. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

You've made the hideous little TNG shuttlepod look so cool by TOSifying it! Great work! Nice MSG, too - the lights on black is really effective.

BorgMan likes this.