TOS Movie Era: Neglected?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Hey Missy, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

yes esp now the trend is 80s nostalgia (at least for the next few years). so shake up JJTrek 80s style. bring back the maroons and the big collar field jackets! 1701A bridge more TWOK/less bright applestore, movie nacelles, more II-VI style FX (magic rainbow warp trails/blue beaming/phaser streams/orange star photons), introduce movie characters like Saavik, Terrel, Kruge, Cartwright, Sybok?! (j/k), and movie ships Excelsior, Reliant, BOPs (proper ones not ID/DISC style), mushroom spacedock (instead of the K7 style in ST09/ID). more Horn(er)blower score? and use movie font instead of TOS font on the posters/promo stuff so its different to the prev 3 films (although it was used for DS9/Voy) also do retro style 80s posters like II-VI instead of the usual photoshop heads stuff

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Smellmet likes this.
  2. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Trek Thor = Trek 4. just my funny name for the Hemsworth ST4 :)

3. Hey Missy

Hey Missy Captain Captain

Indeed; when it came to merchandising before, the refit Enterprise had overtaken the pre-refit. Remember all those novel covers where the story was clearly set during the 5YM but it would show the refit?

Lance and Khan 2.0 like this.
  4. Trekkie 675

Trekkie 675 Cadet Newbie

I love the TOS movies

Lance, Galileo7 and Smellmet like this.
  5. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

TOS movies are my favorite and I do wish that we could have had at least one film set post TMP and long before WOK.
    Yes, I like the J.J. "TOS" movies trilogy too.

Lance likes this.
  6. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Besides that, Galileo7, where in the era of TWOK would you like to see the characters go? It seemed the movies became too submariner for my liking, with the exception of TMP, and the focus was all about the politics. I know I would be more for themes like TVH than TUC -- a decent film BTW-- I did appreciate the comic book Debt of Honor which was like a horror tale and brought some ideas where the movies would never explore, but do you have any thoughts?

7. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

That is why I wanted another TMP era film before the villain trend in the films began with WOK. What we got in TMP was exploration [of V'ger] and not a character seeking revenge or a time travel story, just simple exploring would have been nice. In the WOK era, the closest we got, removing Sybok hijacking Enterprise, was TFF exploring the center of the galaxy. It would have been much more interesting if Sybok had gotten Federation approval to go on the Enterprise for an exploration mission of the center of the Milky Way. The Enterprise was not hijacked to explore V'Ger and it need not be hijacked to explore in TFF.

I wanted "exploring strange new worlds...." in the WOK era.
    :techman:this:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019