Throw down your video game ideas here

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Apr 9, 2020.

1. TimeTravellingWhale

TimeTravellingWhale Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I want another monkey island! NOW! :hugegrin:

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I too would like a Buffy game and perhaps an official Babylon 5 game (RPG's would be nice for both for my tastes).

I've played a few of the B5 mods on games, but an official one would be nice (Unlikely I know).

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would love to get a new Jak & Daxter game, we haven't gotten any since the PS2 era. Almost all of the Playstation series introduced in that era have gotten more games in the PS3 and/or PS4 eras, but nothing for J&D. A while back they released the original trilogy on PS3, and I hoped it might mean we were going to get a new game, but nothing more happened.
    After the super dark The Last of Us 2, it would be kind of funny if Naughty Dog followed it up with a light hearted, cartoony, Jak & Daxter game. I'd even be up for a reboot if they wanted to start over from scratch.

4. UtopiaPlanitia

UtopiaPlanitia Cadet Newbie

A few of us have a cool idea for a Star Trek (mostly) themed game and we've been actively working on it for a little bit now.

At the moment all there is in the game is the deck blueprints from the TOS Kirk USS Enterprise, the Franz Joseph ones, but we've got them scaled up to real-life size and you can walk around on them in third person. We originally did the blueprints like this just to get an idea where to build out the rooms, but it's pretty interesting in it's own right so we'll leave this view long-term. We're doing some improvements to the basic gameplay right now but we've just cut a v0.01:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4C054AFC0DE8DF9DF8595065B5E940DDCBC36564&dn=Utopia%20Planitia%20v0.01.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

The [Escape] key will pull up the menu and you can select any deck from the ship.

We hope you enjoy it. We're working on a v0.02 that we'll hope to follow on with shortly.

XCV330 likes this.
  5. UtopiaPlanitia

UtopiaPlanitia Cadet Newbie

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'd love a kind of game with a scenario system where your decisions really substantially change the path of the story. Where you have real agency in the world and there are real urgency to your decisions. Most games your choices don't feel real. You don't get to decide where you go next, you just get to decide how the NPCs in the story end up after.

Some kind of scenario system where certain story events are keyed to happen at certain times, some with conditions on previous events happening, certain characters being alive, or being on your team.

Timing wouldn't be based on real world time, of course. There's a game called Ephemeral Fantasia that tried that and it was awful. It'd be based on traveling between major locations, doing story events or just choosing to wait. You could take your time within the story event as much as you want without time moving forward.

It'd have to be a short game so you're designed to play it, maybe make the main character a time traveler, and it'd turn into like a story puzzle. Figure out the right combination of things you need to do to make the story come out the way you want.

7. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

That kind of feels like Shenmue. That game feels rather organic in how it flows and the interactions and decisions feel real, but at the same time the decisions don't feel like decisions, but rather just things playing out. I'd love to see something more modern take on something in a similar manner.

JirinPanthosa likes this.