Thoughts on Jodie Whittaker

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Gingerbread Demon, Apr 8, 2022.

1. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

I would dearly loved to have seen three more years of Jodie as the embodiment of Time that we saw in Flux. She tapped into something there that was more.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  2. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think she’s fine, not my favourite, but nonetheless a great ambassador for the show and a strong actress.

It’s such a shame that from beginning to end she has been saddled with inconsistent scripts. There are a few, a select few, that are top-tier stuff, a few, a select few that are truly bad and a majority made up of middling dreck.

I don’t think she ever got a defining episode like the other modern Doctors. I’m thinking the likes of Dalek, Midnight, The Big Bang or Heaven Sent. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think the regeneration story is going to be the one.

But then in my opinion Davison had to wait until his regeneration story before he really got the script he deserved. So it could still happen.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    McCoy's Disco Collar and Shazam! like this.
  3. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the bit in The Haunting of Villa Diodati where she abandoned all pretence of the 'fam' and just flat out stated there's a hierarchy and she was in charge and ultimately their opinion counts for shit.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

The Haunting of Villa Diodati is my favourite episode of her run and the one that showed she could do the job, even surrounded by companions and a largish guest cast.

5. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It’s the one with Mary Shelley and a Cyberman?

Yeah it was a good one. I think still the best for me was It Takes You Away from Series 11.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    The Nth Doctor likes this.