Things that frustrate us all

I think most people have seen enough of my posts to know I'm a huge supporter of acceptance and diversity, but some people really need to actually do a little thinking before they get outraged.
I think a lot of the ridiculous stuff that some people reacting instantly without really looking into what it is that they're so pissed about. There are a lot of times where a video or story has gotten me pissed at first, but then once calmed down and I took a second look, it really wasn't as bad as thought at first.

One poster on the IMDB message board (may it rest in peace) had a complaint about Danny Boyle's SUNSHINE, which already featured an eclectic international cast. His complaint: ''Where are the rappers?''

But that poster was ME. I was being satirical.:borg:

F***in' anti-Semitic flyers turned up IN THE BREAKROOM AT WORK. :mad:

Disgusting. But given the bizarre affection certain people in our society have for the Palestinians, no surprise. "Love is love" has long been their mantra, and faith-based homophobia a behavior they condemn. But... they suddenly don't seem to care that the Palestinian government will throw you in jail for being gay... or that Hamas will throw you off a roof.

In light of that, I guess it's no surprise that they're siding with fascists, is it?

Wheny hubby says "I'll be ready in 20 minutes,"what he really means is "I'll take a 20 minute shower, get dressed, sit in front of my computer and bitch about emails, start to make a shopping list and then wander around the kitchen for 10 minutes" before asking me if I'm ready to go to the store.

Wheny hubby says "I'll be ready in 20 minutes,"what he really means is "I'll take a 20 minute shower, get dressed, sit in front of my computer and bitch about emails, start to make a shopping list and then wander around the kitchen for 10 minutes" before asking me if I'm ready to go to the store.
My dad said the same thing about my mom... no surprise that it goes both ways.

F***in' anti-Semitic flyers turned up IN THE BREAKROOM AT WORK. :mad:

And no, it wasn't a coworker. None of the people I work with would do that.
That's horrible, I would have been so tempted to just tear them all up and throw them in the garbage.

As for the source of those flyers, it wasn't Palestine. It was the Black Israelites. Although I'm sure they're in a pissing contest as to who hates Jews more. :(

Seriously. I've seen "demonstrations" by those Black Israelite psychos. They don't just hate Jews, they hate pretty much everybody. I would have thought that my city could have avoided filth like that. Guess I was wrong. :sigh:

As for the source of those flyers, it wasn't Palestine. It was the Black Israelites. Although I'm sure they're in a pissing contest as to who hates Jews more. :(

Seriously. There have been times I've been in a big city such as New York or Chicago and I've seen "demonstrations" by those Black Israelite psychos. They don't just hate Jews, they hate pretty much everybody. I would have thought that my city could have avoided filth like that. Guess I was wrong. :sigh:
Not worth the attention. Been peddling that crap a while now.

Flying can sometimes be a challenge coping with fellow passengers. Flew Saturday and frustrated by..

1. Passengers who think the flight must be a personal charter, as they board take an age to stow their hand luggage and take their seats as they hold up every one else waiting to take their seats.
2. Arm rest and space invaders, ok I know economy isn't great for space but can't you just rest your arm on your side of the arm rest , do you really need to push your elbow over the arm rest and several inches into my space, like wise with your legs, do you need to sit with them spread wide , once again invading my space?
3. I know its hard to keep kids entertained on flights but surely kicking me continuously in the back isn't the best form of entertainment for them.
4. Seat recliners, why do it? Airlines should remove them for short haul flights, I mean surely you don't need to sit in my seat as well as your own.
5. Farters. Stop it, do a poo before you board I don't need to breathe in your toxic fumes

Flying can sometimes be a challenge coping with fellow passengers. Flew Saturday and frustrated by..

5. Farters. Stop it, do a poo before you board I don't need to breathe in your toxic fumes
They may not be able to help it. Traveling can wreak havoc with your digestive system. The cabin pressure is also lower than usual that can cause things to expand like the bags of chips.

Seriously. I've seen "demonstrations" by those Black Israelite psychos. They don't just hate Jews, they hate pretty much everybody. :sigh:

Hate Thy Neighbor had a program about them.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israelite_School_of_Universal_Practical_Knowledge

People’s need for group identity is what makes for violence…but people individually? That’s different.

In the VICE series, a person would say something outrageous at a podium..and retreat.

Why protests and counterprotests just gets people’s backs up…there is a different way;
https://medium.com/the-philosophical-inn/forgive-as-marcus-aurelius-6d5c5e916b7f

The Stoics have been an inspiration to me.
https://dailystoic.com/stoic-response-betrayal/#:~:text=Marcus informed them of his,one who has broken faith.”

Emergency messages from my child in the USA who has discovered their visa has expired and they haven't enough money to pay for a new visa.
Trouble is, this is the SECOND time they have technically overstayed, and the reason they haven't the money is because they spend the money they have without any thought or planning. I will cough up the money because the alternative of borrowing it from a loan shark is only going to make the matter worse but I'm really frustrated by their inability to learn anything.

Hope they learn before they get thrown out. Something similar happened to some friends of mine. They were deported, and it took them years to get back, despite their kids and grandchildren being over here.

A kid who attended a football game for a team whose colors include red and black. He paints half his face red and the other half black... and people accuse him of being in blackface.

I find racism deplorable... but team spirit is not racism.

The kid's parents are suing Deadspin. Linky

Good. I hope they take Deadspin - and the asshole reporter who wrote the original story - to the fuckin' cleaners. The kid's facepaint was in RED AND BLACK (so therefore it's not blackface, as those are Chiefs colors) and THE KID IS A NATIVE AMERICAN (so he can wear the headdress if he bloody well feels like it).

I hope Deadspin goes down hard for this.

As for those anti-Semitic flyers I spoke of: I think whoever left them there must have thought that my coworkers - most of whom are black - would sympathize. But my coworkers aren't stupid. They know as well as I do that the Black Israelites are basically the black version of the KKK, and nobody I work with thinks that way.

Last edited:
I hope they take Deadspin - and the asshole reporter who wrote the original story - to the fuckin' cleaners. The kid's facepaint was in RED AND BLACK (so therefore it's not blackface, as those are Chiefs colors) and THE KID IS A NATIVE AMERICAN (so he can wear the headdress if he bloody well feels like it).

Crap, I just remembered I joined in a 25-man ''tomahawk chop'' during my college graduation!
But so did Jane Fonda, and she wasn't even AT my college graduation! Damn us both!

THE KID IS A NATIVE AMERICAN (so he can wear the headdress if he bloody well feels like it).

The Indigenous band the boy belongs to appears to disagree with you. Kenneth Kahn, Tribal Chairman for the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians released a statement to reiterate that they do not endorse wearing regalia as part of a costume, even if it is a member of their own community.

Apparently the team's stadium itself banned headdresses three years ago, too. So if nothing else, it was a violation of the venue's rules.

Because the Kansas City Chiefs have issues with attire worn by... chiefs. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Are the Bengals going to ban orange and black stripes next?

Back