Things that frustrate us all

So I'm in disagreement with the current owners of the house I bought.

They sent me a price list of what I want to buy from them furniture wise.

Everything they listed was fair for used value from what I could tell.

But they also listed curtains and blinds in the gazebo and deck.

I sent a message to my realtor confirming they were already sold to me in the deal, as I had mentioned them specifically during the contract. All blinds and curtains.

She agreed so I sent an email to the current owners. Included a screenshot of the conditions of sale, said they should talk to their realtor.

They went to their realtor because they had specifically said not to include the "outdoor curtains" in the sale price just like I had specifically asked to include them.

So their realtor said they aren't included because the chattals are only indoor curtains. My realtor said they are included because it says "curtains" it doesn't specify indoor curtains.

So now waiting for a resolution. $430,000 deal and we're stuck arguing about whether $375 in used curtains are included or seperate:rolleyes:

I reversed the order of the neighborhoods where I ride my bikes this morning hoping it would be better, and if anything it was worse. So yeah, that kinda backfired on me.

Not having steering-wheel-mounted photon torpedoes.
Or even a phaser bank attached to my running lights.
To cull the drivers.

Amazon is adding ads to their streaming. No, they're not adding a cheaper subscription option with ads, they're adding ads period. And if you don't want ads you have to pay more.

Rental cars are really expensive in the U.S., too. It's been on a steady increase for a long time, but it seems to have jumped even more than usual in the last couple of years.
We noticed when we went away earlier this year, apparently down to covid (what isnt?), apparently a shortage of cars has pushed the prices up,maybe all the missing hire cars are in the same place as customer service agents that have also gone missing since covid.

Trying to keep my temper in check when trying to buy something online.There is some screw-up somewhere with my debit card.Goddam simple transaction but now a goddam nightmare of “chat with a bot” and jump through hoops!

Old man shakes fist at cloud!:brickwall:

I was thinking of Grandpa Simpson shouting at a cloud but I suppose that my ire could also be directed at The cloud.

Trying to keep my temper in check when trying to buy something online.There is some screw-up somewhere with my debit card.Goddam simple transaction but now a goddam nightmare of “chat with a bot” and jump through hoops!

Old man shakes fist at cloud!:brickwall:

I never use my debit card online. I only use it to get cash from an ATM.

If you use a debit card online, that's a recipe for disaster. At least with a credit card, you're not responsible for fraudulent purchases. If you buy something online with a debit card and a hacker gets ahold of it they can drain your bank account.

If you use a debit card online, that's a recipe for disaster. At least with a credit card, you're not responsible for fraudulent purchases. If you buy something online with a debit card and a hacker gets ahold of it they can drain your bank account.

Precisely why I have never had a debit card.

Not with only something like 150 euros at any time on the card.A kind of top-up dealie.
It’s handy for purchasing items on my kindle and a very few other things.(when it’s frikkin’ working right!!)

Last edited:

Precisely why I have never had a debit card.
I buy almost everything with a debit card, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I bought something in the last couple years with cash, and I don't do credit.

I use cash wherever possible. I will not buy in-person from places or people that only accept cards or smartphone payments. This is for reasons of privacy although security also enters the equation.

If I need to buy online then I use the debit card from my second current account which has only a limited amount of money in it and no connections to any other accounts. Also take that card with me when I'm travelling away from home. If the card gets lost or stolen, there's a limit to the damage that can be done.

I don't bank online either for very much the same reasons. I find it bizarre that, on the one hand, my bank's constantly warning me about possible online fraudsters and, on the other, constantly urging me to do things that make online fraud easier...including sending emails in the same format as phishing emails (also a problem with other companies)

The only time I use cash is at my local bar (where I eat dinner four times a week). If they got off their ass and took credit cards, I'd never carry cash at all.

Although when I go on vacation I take cash for emergencies. Like the :censored:ing cab driver in Boston who clearly had a credit card machine in his cab but he would only take cash. What a dick. :mad:

(I would have taken an Uber, but it was 4:30 AM and I didn't know if I could get Uber Black that early in the morning. And the subway wasn't running yet. :sigh: )

Last edited:
Since covid I have hardly ever used cash. Even for small amounts I use my credit card, this is actively encouraged. Add in the points I get for using my card which are very useful exchanged.

I always pay it off though each month, never pay charges.

Have a family member and friend who have told me I should use cash as 'they' want me to use credit cards whoever 'they' are.

Funnily enough both are in a position that they encourage cash payments to them in their jobs, hmm I'm sure it's obvious why.

The only time I use debit card is overseas as the account I have incurs no charges for doing so.

Have a family member and friend who have told me I should use cash as 'they' want me to use credit cards whoever 'they' are.

I always laugh when people say that. As if the government actually has the resources to monitor all of our credit cards? :lol:

Besides, they simply don't give a shit. Not only is the government not ABLE to spy on all of our cards, they wouldn't do it even if they could. They DO.NOT.CARE.

That said, even if "they" WERE snooping on my purchases, they'd get bored as hell pretty quick. :lol:

We noticed when we went away earlier this year, apparently down to covid (what isnt?), apparently a shortage of cars has pushed the prices up,maybe all the missing hire cars are in the same place as customer service agents that have also gone missing since covid.
I sympathize with the customer service agents. My former boss was a 40 year veteran in customer service and retail. After COVID, and being called every name in the book and then some he retired. He stated that he had not experienced such abuse from customers due to the various challenges they faced with shortages, mandates and what not. At this point people are not willing to put up with poor treatment, from either side.
I buy almost everything with a debit card, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I bought something in the last couple years with cash, and I don't do credit.
I use cash still and get yelled out by other customers for "holding up a line" due to needing to working with a cashier.

How dare I?
I always laugh when people say that. As if the government actually has the resources to monitor all of our credit cards? :lol:

Besides, they simply don't give a shit. Not only is the government not ABLE to spy on all of our cards, they wouldn't do it even if they could. They DO.NOT.CARE.

That said, even if "they" WERE snooping on my purchases, they'd get bored as hell pretty quick. :lol:
This is not entirely accurate. They don't monitor all purchases, but they have a list of items that will trigger scrutiny from departments of the federal government. For instance, since my wife dos soap and sells it at markets and buys sodium hydroxide in bulk and has had occasional queries from the ATF.

I use cash still and get yelled out by other customers for "holding up a line" due to needing to working with a cashier.

How dare I?

At my store it's not cash that holds up the line. It's the customers with dozens of coupons each, haggling over every single damn one.

And don't even get me started on digital coupons. They don't seem to grasp the concept that they have to have a smartphone, with our app on it, to download those coupons. They don't have a phone (side note: there's really no excuse for this anymore), they don't 'get the damn coupon! :mad: :sigh:

Back