"These are their stories." (L&O inspired what-if)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kestra, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Okay, so I'm addicted to Law & Order and someone made a comment in another thread about watching too much of it and how it can affect you. This thread isn't really about the show, but it helps if you're at least familiar with it.

Basically, I've wondered sometimes what it would be like to be the victim in the story. Obviously nothing too macabre, but let's say here that you go missing. Who would the police suspect? Would they figure you just went on a trip or ran away? Would they question your SO or ex? Is there someone in your life that could be perceived as an enemy?

What person would outside observers think you were from just looking at your living space? From talking to family members, or work colleagues? Would they find out you talk to a bunch of trekkies and try to figure out who is behind the screennames? Would they discover something that would lead them in an entirely surprising direction?

Have some fun with it, don't be too morbid, and make up things as you like. It's just a bit of imaginative fun.

2. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Before the fun starts I too must confess my addiction to these series and to the fact that weird things happen when you watch so much of them.

For instance; I'm sure if someone was hurt and I dialled 911 I'd say something stupid like: 'send a bus'

:rommie:

3. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^You think that's bad? Every time I walk through Central Park a very bad part of me secretly hopes to find a body!

I'm going to have to think about how to answer this question.

4. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I just hope that my body doesn't get looked into by an investigator with blonde hair and a sunglasses fetish. :lol:

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another huge L&O freak here. :techman:

I don't know what people would think if I went missing. If they searched my house, they'd probably think I'm sort of an obsessive neat freak Yankees fan. And they would be correct. :lol: They really wouldn't have any suspects either.

6. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Okay. First, it might take them awhile to notice I'm missing, because sometimes I get in a mood to happily avoid all human contact for days at a time. Then they'd assume I'd run off in a moment of insanity, because that's actually pretty likely to happen! I don't really have any enemies.

One of my dad's cousins was (maybe still is, I don't know), one of the FBI's most wanted. 5 or 6 years ago a couple of FBI agents randomly showed up at my mom's house (I was visiting for the holidays), to interview us about him. We couldn't give them anything as we didn't even know of him, but when they left we all broke into hysterical laughter because the agents, a tall, attractive man who spoke in monotone and a petite, scowling red headed woman, were so perfectly Mulder and Scully one wonders if they weren't made partners as a joke.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Probably the only person who would notice if I went AWOL (apart from my bosses at work, and obviously they don't count :lol: ) would be my dad. He is the only person who ever comes to visit me! We go and have lunch a lot, and we talk on the phone almost every day. So if I turned up missing, he'd notice, but I don't think anyone else would.