Spoilers The Walking Dead Season 10

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jul 20, 2019.

1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

@Q2UnME is quite right... @Coronacopia , you might want to scroll up a few messages...we walked about that in like July.

The "new" show sounds like "Ride, with Darryl and Carol". On Talking Dead... they kinda sorta sounded excited. But i wonder if it is more because their agents haven't been able to get them more projects? It's good job security... but i wonder if they want to do something else? They mentioned a couple of times how that seemed so far away. Norman Reedus on Talking Dead showed he had a real goofy side... so someone needs to tap into that.

@trek_god A+ seems a bit over the top. Definitely an A range.... but for me , closer to A-. There should have been at least one other death other than Beatrice. Maybe Luke or his girlfriend. Father Gabriel? i was disappointed in how they did Maggie. The news made it seem like this was a big thing. Really, it was just like a cameo, or even just tacked on.

A bit of a tangent, but as this is the "main" TWD thread... next week they are showing NOT JUST World Beyond but ALSO Fear, which apparent will be showing concurrently. Doesn't that seem like overkill? I mean, i know the pandemic pushed everything back... but it seems like stacking 2 daughter shows won't get people that much more excited.

3. CorporalCaptain

That's ancient history. :D

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  4. Morpheus 02

well, the way things have been going due to the pandemic... ya ain't lyin'

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  5. Morpheus 02

@Q2UnME is quite right... @Coronacopia , you might want to scroll up a few messages...we walked about that in like July.

The "new" show sounds like "Ride, with Darryl and Carol". On Talking Dead... they kinda sorta sounded excited. But i wonder if it is more because their agents haven't been able to get them more projects? It's good job security... but i wonder if they want to do something else? They mentioned a couple of times how that seemed so far away. Norman Reedus on Talking Dead showed he had a real goofy side... so someone needs to tap into that. OH.... and how will they handle Darryl leaving his goddaughter? I know they announced the spinoff way after they filmed this scene... but it's like Darryl just lied to her. Instead of continuing to be a stable part of her life, he's gonna leave like stepmom.

@trek_god A+ seems a bit over the top. Definitely an A range.... but for me , closer to A-. There should have been at least one other death other than Beatrice. Maybe Luke or his girlfriend. Father Gabriel?

i was disappointed in how they did Maggie. The news made it seem like this was a big thing. Really, it was just like a cameo, or even just tacked on. I was doing a bit of a rewatch on the previous episode.. so where Maggie found this note... was this supposed to be a check in spot for her or something? Seemed kinda random & mysterious. ANd did she and Casey Jones help save Aaron & friend from the Whisperers? The filming of that also made it seem like Aaron & friend did most of the work.

The brief scenes of her reuniting , however, seemed heartfelt and real.

A bit of a tangent, but as this is the "main" TWD thread... next week they are showing NOT JUST World Beyond but ALSO Fear, which apparent will be showing concurrently. Doesn't that seem like overkill? I mean, i know the pandemic pushed everything back... but it seems like stacking 2 daughter shows won't get people that much more excited.

Oh, one other tangent... if we ever get the RIck movies... Will part of the plot be Jadis telling RIck that he failed in his mission, and she will say that Walkers killed his family and the community? That will add at least a few years into it.

Also, the comics had Rick's brother. DO you think he or another relative of some sort will be part of the picture?

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I'm wondering if Maggie's masked friend with the Kamas is someone we've seen before that maybe we think has been dead or missing for a while, but for the life of me, I can't think of who it might be. Does anyone remember a character who disappeared from the show early on that we might have simply forgotten about?

7. Morpheus 02

Heath. Corey Hawkins was hoping the 24 revival might jump start his career but sadly didn't happen. So this would be perfect to jump back in. Though i thought he had glasses... so unless he got LASIK surgery (in the TWD universe)...that would be something.

If not him, it would be nice if it was one of the VATOS from season 1. I know they had said they were all killed... but that just seems like just a waste, to kill ALL of them off.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  8. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The walking dead triumphantly returned with a new series low rating of 2.71 million.

9. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So who was Beta actually? I couldn't tell and don't recall his backstory. BTW anybody else think that the soldiers in white looked like Star Wars cosplayers?

10. CorporalCaptain

Some fairly big and fairly well-known country music star, precise identity fictional and non-specific, beyond the moniker "Half Moon."

11. Morpheus 02

they really missed an opportunity here. I know they played Half Moon's music once (and i think in Fear)... but they should have had Darryl listening to a Half Moon record, and maybe him talking with Luke about it inspiring him.

That way, when we they get to the death scene, it will make what Darryl say much more ironic.

That reminds me... absolutely no celebrity seems to have survived the apocalypse. It would be fun to have one as a walker....or even as a human member, but one who is so unimportant in that world that they are essentially an "extra"

12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Remember, the original plan was to have 42 straight weeks of Walking Dead content. At this point, they're just doing what they can to get as much content as they can aired in 2020. As it is, we're not even getting the promised 42 episodes this year, but rather just 26. Or possibly 25, if something seemingly implied on Talking Dead is indeed true.
    Rick's brother really isn't that big a part in the comics. He's only mentioned by Rick once, as being the one who introduced Rick and Lori, then he ends up with his own adventure in the one-shot stand alone story The Alien. In the show, Rick has never mentioned having a brother or any sibling. I suspect if an adaptation of The Alien ever happens, it'll likely be in that new anthology series spin-off we're getting. And they may very well leave out the Grimes family connection there, it really isn't that big a deal in the comic story.
    As mentioned, there's Heath, though Gimple claims in interviews he was captured by the Helicopter. Supposedly, there's a hint of this visible in Jadis's junkyard.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  13. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tobias from "Fear of the Walking Dead" perhaps! Slimmed down and has gone from that little knife he had to training to be a kick ass fighter over the years.

Jason

137th Gebirg likes this.
  14. 137th Gebirg

All good possibilities.

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

What rhymes with Walking Dead? Talking Heads! :rommie:

That was a good semi-finale, although it would have worked better in the context of the rest of the season, rather than sitting all by itself in the middle of a virus-depopulated TV season. There was no unrestrained slaughter, no shocking deaths of major characters (which was shocking), and no grim cliffhanger. We did lose a couple of people, which, sadly, did not have the same impact as it would have if the characters were more fresh in my mind. Instead, we got the characters working together, intelligently strategizing against an overwhelming threat, and prevailing. In the midst of all this, there was actually positive character development between Carol and Daryl and between the Whisperer Orphan and everybody. Plus which, we got the very timely return of a major character and the surprise ending was that somebody is alive rather than dead.

Much of the episode was consumed with the bulk of the characters wandering incognito through the massive horde of Zombies, which was extremely claustrophobic and tense. And most of those scenes were shot in close ups of tense faces bobbing in a sea of growling faces of decomposing death, which was a nice way of exacerbating the tension. And the scenes of all those Zombies going into free fall over the cliff were a nice relief, with all the wide shots and slo-mo. And there we also had one of two fake outs, where it looked like a major character would die, but did not.

The second fake out was Father Gabriel, who I was sure was going to check out in heroic fashion, thereby atoning for his past and coming full circle-- but instead this was Maggie's opportunity to check back in in heroic fashion. And she is accompanied by the first masked superhero of the Zombie Apocalypse. What's that all about?

Speaking of masks, Beta's psychotronic ending was weird and anti-climactic. Once famous, I guess, but now nobody. Whatever, I'm glad he and the rest of the Whisperers are gone.

And Connie is alive, as I was sure she would be. She needs a little touch up here and there, though.

As for the cliffhanger we got-- Ezekiel and the gang rousted by a group of Imperial Stormtroopers-- it was more intriguing than frightening. Did Stephanie lead them into a trap, or was Stephanie already captured? It's unlikely that these soldiers are connected to the black helicopter people, since they are the subject of World Beyond and the alleged Rick movies, and it's very possible that their threatening posture is another fake out. We'll see.

Only thirty episodes to go!

137th Gebirg likes this.
  16. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

The ending for Beta and the Whisperers was underwhelming if you ask me.

I wonder if the 3 Rings are connected to the white armour clad soldiers.
    I know that the 3 Rings soldiers are usually in black, as seen in TWD the World Beyond.
    Perhaps the white clad soldiers belong to another group altogether.

17. Jayson1

Or they just found some old Star Wars Stormtrooper costumes around from some fandom event that never happened and now they wear the stuff because they think it looks cool.

Jason

18. 137th Gebirg

My concern is that it's going to turn out to be some kind of wacked-out tyrannical ultra right-wing pseudo-Christian cult-like survivalist organization, the kind of group that would prepare for just such an Armageddon event such as the ZA. The iconic three rings logo (and other base shapes coupled together in threes) is a common allusion to the Holy Trinity. Sick of that shit. Went out with the 90's.

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aside from Beta, the only other established character we lost in the finale was Beatrice from Oceanside, a minor supporting player who never made much of an impression on me anyway. Meaning even if this episode had aired with the others and she were fresher in my mind, I doubt her death would have had anymore of an impact than it did here anyway.

20. Jayson1

With the show rapping up they should start killing characters left and right form this point forward. I miss the days when you had shocking deaths on the show. I would open the next episode with Ezekiel and the other lady being executed by these new bad guys in the opening scene leaving only Eugene and the new girl who is interesting alive. Show these bad people mean business. Then in the next episode Luke buys it.

Jason